How to call predefined trade panel enter/exit by code?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Ram

How to call predefined trade panel enter/exit by code?

Postby Ram » 30 Apr 2015

Hi,

I've set a few predefined entries/exits strategies using the trade panel (DOM and Chart), for example, in the following image I have a a breakout strategy named "Breakout Set 1" who is followed by the "Master Exit Strategy":

Can someone please share with me how to call "Breakout Set 1" by code from a signal?

Thank you all in advance!
Best,
R.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: How to call predefined trade panel enter/exit by code?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Apr 2015

Hello Ram,

These are manual trading tools and they cannot be accessed from code directly. You can create similar code logic yourself.

Ram

Postby Ram » 30 Apr 2015

Hello Ram,

These are manual trading tools and they cannot be accessed from code directly. You can create similar code logic yourself.
no.... :(((((((

Ram

Postby Ram » 30 Apr 2015

Hello Ram,

I’m still struggling to believe there is nothing that can be done to call this from code…
I searched and found the object ATCenterProxy.interop.dll mentioned (through visual studio)

Can you check to make sure there is nothing that can be done to instantiate such an object?
If not, is this feature planned for an upcoming release?

Do you have an example of coding something similar using the supported order types (Fade, Breakout, multi level trailing and profit target as they appear in the chart)?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 May 2015

Ram,

There is nothing that can be done to instantiate such an object and this is not something that we are going to add in the future.
Please specify the particular difficulty you have with programming this type of strategy.

Ram

Postby Ram » 02 May 2015

Ram,

There is nothing that can be done to instantiate such an object and this is not something that we are going to add in the future.
Please specify the particular difficulty you have with programming this type of strategy.
I'm sorry to learn that just because the enter/exit strategies from the trade panel are very powerful once setup correctly and the visualization of it over the chart/DOM is very clear, I've managed to create some complex order groups that are working very well while most of the heavy lifting in being done perfectly by Multicharts (managing OCA group ID's, OCO's and such), coding these orders to behave the same is a huge task and requires lots of time and debugging just to get, at the best case scenario, the same results which is already working flawlessly in Multicharts.

IMHO if there was an option to manage this powerful tool from Multicharts code it was a killer application!

Thanks & Best,
R.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”