Cancelled Error Message  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tony

Cancelled Error Message

Postby tony » 11 May 2015

I was live auto-trading ES today using Rithmic and had two orders fill via market (one short, one long respectively) and there was no delay in my fills. I have auto-trading set to cancel market orders if unfilled after 30 seconds. In my log I noticed for the first time ever, the following error message:

"ESM5.CME: Send cancels only after 30 seconds. More cancels within this period will lead to logoff/disable of this user."

Has anyone ever seen this? Can anyone explain why this happened?

Thank you for any assistance.

tony

Re: Cancelled Error Message

Postby tony » 11 May 2015

I still don't know why this happened but I wanted to shed some light in case anyone comes across this in the future. I had a buy stop and buy limit waiting at the exchange after I entered short. The limit filled and the buy stop was sent a message to cancel and before it could cancel, MC sent another cancel message. Rithmic will disable an account if more than 9 messages like this are sent on the same order. I was at 2 and was "warned." It has nothing to do with obsolete market orders at entry but stop orders or I should say orders to be cancelled from MC where the OCO is not native.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 May 2015

Hello tony,

We are currently analyzing this behavior. I will keep you updated.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Cancelled Error Message  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 May 2015

Hello tony,

We have improved the behavior from our end and the issue should not reappear.
Please download the file corresponding to your version of MultiCharts:
32 bit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/279 ... _MC_90.zip
64 bit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/279 ... _90x64.zip

Please unzip the file and follow the installation guide:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... an_Updater

Please note that there is a limitation on Rithmic end still. And if you cancel a lot of orders within a short period of time, you still might have the issue.

tony

Postby tony » 18 May 2015

Thanks Henry. The update went smooth, now just need to wait for a trade to confirm if the increased messaging is resolved.

If anyone is noting in their log an error message from Rithmic that you are exceeding standard messaging when it comes to canceling orders (not market on entry orders) then you likely need to do this update as well. If you exceed 9 messages in a 30 second period, Rithmic may disable your account.

tony

Postby tony » 19 May 2015

The update worked like a charm Henry! Thank you for the support. Perfect example of just how good MC is. The number of files in the zip file I downloaded shows a bit of work went into that update. Thank you very much!

Return to “MultiCharts”