EOD Exit Signal

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
sylfvdk

EOD Exit Signal

Postby sylfvdk » 15 May 2015

I have another issue with EOD Exit Signal.

1. As far as I feel, EOD Exit Signal is the Signal to protect me (the same thing as Stop Loss)

2. If said above is thru, that means this Signal should be sent to Broker right after my trade is filled (like stop loss works with GenerateStopLoss function). For me GenerateStopLoss creates Stop order on Broker Site (IB) within 10 seconds after my order is filled, which is fine.

3. GenerateExitOnClose, as well as other functions suggested by MC - send request to Broker only at the EOD time (or little before that). So, if in that time I have power loss or whatever - I will not close my positions to pray overnight that nothing would be happening.

Is any order (managed or unmanaged) that we can use to Close positions on EOD, that sends request to Broker right after my position is filled (like GenerateStopLoss does)?

JoshM

Re: EOD Exit Signal

Postby JoshM » 17 May 2015

I don't have a signal in my MultiCharts .NET installation that's named 'EOD Exit', so I can't comment on how/when this signal submits its order. However, if you'd like a signal to submit an order prior to the close (let's say a few minutes prior to be save), you can do so by taking the time into consideration. An example of that is exit an open position prior to the close.

I'm not aware of a MultiCharts .NET capability that can send an order right after opening a position and that will be kept inactive until a certain time before it will be executed (like your example of `GenerateStopLoss`).

sylfvdk

Re: EOD Exit Signal

Postby sylfvdk » 21 May 2015

It seems that Brokers do not provide order execution at certain time of a day, so MC cannot implement this on Broker site. I got my answer, Thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”