Lmax histrical data quality  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
AlphaCat

Lmax histrical data quality

Postby AlphaCat » 26 May 2015

I am not sure if i am doing something wrong, or lmax historical data just has lots of holes in it. For example, Fridays data (22nd) is mostly missing in many symbols. Dax/Germany30 is a mess.

Anyone else got problems like this or am i doing something wrong?

JoshM

Re: Lmax histrical data quality

Postby JoshM » 26 May 2015

I haven't experienced problems with LMAX data like the ones you mention, but I don't track the CFDs.

Are you talking about the 'real' LMAX data feed (funded accounts) or the demo data feed? The demo has its prices generated by a bot the last time I enquired.

AlphaCat

Its a real account.. can you check EUR/USD minute-data if you have a hole in last Friday?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Lmax histrical data quality  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 May 2015

Hello AlphaCat,

EUR/USD minute-data is ok on our end. Have you tried reloading the data on your chart?
Make sure the option "Cache downloaded quote files" is disabled for LMAX data provider.

AlphaCat

Hello AlphaCat,

EUR/USD minute-data is ok on our end. Have you tried reloading the data on your chart?
Make sure the option "Cache downloaded quote files" is disabled for LMAX data provider.

Hello,

after deleting the data, clearing the cache files and unchecking "Cache downloaded quote files" the holes are gone.

Does disableing "Cache downloaded quote files" mean that there will be no data be saved locally at all?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 May 2015

Hello,

after deleting the data, clearing the cache files and unchecking "Cache downloaded quote files" the holes are gone.

Does disableing "Cache downloaded quote files" mean that there will be no data be saved locally at all?
Hello AlphaCat,

No, it does not mean that. It determines where to look for data when you do a Reload:
Cache downloaded quote files - this option enables storing the downloaded data on your hard drive. When this feature is enabled - upon reloading data on a chart it will be loaded from the cached files, instead of the data provider historical data servers.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”