DOM organization - attach, detach, always on top

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MAtricks

DOM organization - attach, detach, always on top

Postby MAtricks » 29 Jul 2015

Can the new version of MC please have better DOM organization? Having multiple DOMs is a giant headache. It makes way more sense to attach them all to a workspace like we can do with only one of them.

Additionally, the Always on Top selection creates many bugs within the platform. Try closing a window and having a DOM on top of the prompt "are you sure you want to close this window?". This creates an issue where you must shut down MC via Task Manager. That's one of many.... Because of the bugs of this feature, you are safer having this unselected where any time you click on a window, the DOMs disappear. .... ..!!!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: DOM organization - attach, detach, always on top

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jul 2015

Hello MAtricks,

Improving the DOM organization is something that we are looking into. I will keep you posted.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 31 Jul 2015

Keeping all the DOMs within their workspace with similar arranging properties as other windows would be a start... The industry standard detach button would suffice if one would like the current ... setup.

An additional idea would be to have the capability to attach (and auto link) them to windows as well, but that's extra credit. All I care about is the ability to use them without wanting to throw my pc out the window :)

KhaosTrader

Postby KhaosTrader » 15 Aug 2015

Any follow up on Attached DOM? SC does it great, there you can attach the DOM to the chart, where price level matches. Its a very good implementation in my opinion.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Aug 2015

Any follow up on Attached DOM? SC does it great, there you can attach the DOM to the chart, where price level matches. Its a very good implementation in my opinion.
Hello KhaosTrader,

Not yet. We'll work on it and I will keep the board updated.

StefanoSF

Postby StefanoSF » 03 Jan 2016

Bump; auto linking Dom

KhaosTrader

Postby KhaosTrader » 03 Jan 2016

The auto linking Dom would be good, however if you are using an external datafeed like IQFeed and a broker like IB, when clicking on the chart, the DOM link map should link to the broker feed so you can trade. So it would be a different type of link, that is, not linking to the data of the chart, but rather to the trading broker feed which is linked also to the chart.

evdl

Postby evdl » 29 Sep 2016

A kindly bump for the usability of the DOM arrangement in MC. Is this on the roadmap in the short future?

Return to “MultiCharts”