MULTICHARTS .NET 9.1 BETA 2

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS .NET 9.1 BETA 2

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Aug 2015

MultiCharts .NET 9.1 Beta 2 is available for download now (builds 11615/11616)!
It has minor updates and fixes for features that were introduced in Beta 1.

Click to learn what's new in these builds

Go to MultiCharts .NET 9.1 Beta 2 download page

JoshM

Re: MULTICHARTS .NET 9.1 BETA 2

Postby JoshM » 22 Aug 2015

On MultiCharts .NET64 Version 9.1 Beta 2 (Build 11616) I get the following chart when I use `IPlotObject.Reset()` on all bars between the two blue arrows:

Is this expected behaviour?

I thought that the behaviour would be different now (compared to MC .NET 9.0 Release) due to the following in the changelog:
• With IPlotObject.Reset() one can now remove historical plots.
Code snippet:

Code: Select all

// Update plots
if (InRTHSession())
{
sessionHigh.Set(rthHigh[0], RTH_High_Colour);
sessionLow.Set(rthLow[0], RTH_Low_Colour);
}
else {
sessionHigh.Reset();
sessionLow.Reset();
}
Attachments
scr.22-08-2015 18.00.00.png
(26.09 KiB) Downloaded 1230 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Aug 2015

Hello JoshM,

The original behavior was not intended to be changed. For example IPlotObject.Reset(10) will delete the plot 10 bars ago from the current one. The plot is deleted but when Line style is used - it will connect the available plots. If you do not want to see the connecting lines between plots - you need to select a different plot style.

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 03 Sep 2015

Hello JoshM,

The original behavior was not intended to be changed. For example IPlotObject.Reset(10) will delete the plot 10 bars ago from the current one. The plot is deleted but when Line style is used - it will connect the available plots. If you do not want to see the connecting lines between plots - you need to select a different plot style.
As I have stated before quite some time ago, you need to add a new line style that allows only horizontal line. Yes you have the left and right tick style but that is confusing if you have indicators that are plotting on bar charts. You need to add a horizontal line style that spans the entire bar space and does not connect like a line line style does when its vertical location changes. When this horizontal line style would plot successive bars at the same vertical location, it would appear as a solid line. It would make a lot of on the price chart indicators a lot cleaner and less confusing to look at for the trader. Several of your competitors have done this for many years already and it is a superior choice over the limiting options we have in MC.

Please seriously consider it.

With kind regards,
MK

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 07 Sep 2015

I'm not sure if this has already been requested, but could `TimeSpan` structures be allowed as an input? We can already use `DateTime` as an input, but that gives weird inputs where people also can also set the year:

I'd personally much rather being able to define times. I think that's also more accessible for people new to MultiCharts .NET since it seems less odd than typing in year 1 and not knowing what that means or what the purpose is of it.
Attachments
scr.07-09-2015 15.37.57.png
(1000 Bytes) Downloaded 1093 times

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 07 Sep 2015

I'm not sure if this has already been requested, but could `TimeSpan` structures be allowed as an input? We can already use `DateTime` as an input, but that gives weird inputs where people also can also set the year:

I'd personally much rather being able to define times. I think that's also more accessible for people new to MultiCharts .NET since it seems less odd than typing in year 1 and not knowing what that means or what the purpose is of it.
Yes, I agree. I've been using time as an input quite a bit but so far never had a need for the actual date aspect of the datetime input.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”