Question on IB daily server refresh and others  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Ming80

Question on IB daily server refresh and others

Postby Ming80 » 26 Aug 2015

Hi Guys,

New to autotrading and slowly easing into it. I am currently running IB TWS and restarting MC a couple of times a day just to ensure it runs ok. Have a couple of questions below and
pleased to hear if anyone has any experience/guidance to the following:

1. Does the IB daily server refresh have any impact on the strategies that are already running on MC at (23:45 - 00:30 ET).
https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/i ... Status.php
If strategies with positions on are automated before this time, would MC need to be restarted and the
strategies 'reautomated' to ensure they run smoothly? I am concerned because I see the data being
disconnected on IB and wonder if strategies would still run properly since as my chart feed is using TS instead.

2. Do daily settlement prices refresh without reloading MC. Thus, would it be necessary to restart or
reload price data charts once a day in MC at least?

3. Assuming one uses 30 charts. Would it be better to use a single instance of MC (1 x 30) or
use 3 instances of MC with (3 x 10 charts) each?

Thanks and pleased to hear any pointers to above.

rgds - Ming

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Question on IB daily server refresh and others  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Oct 2015

1. Does the IB daily server refresh have any impact on the strategies that are already running on MC at (23:45 - 00:30 ET).
https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/i ... Status.php
If strategies with positions on are automated before this time, would MC need to be restarted and the strategies 'reautomated' to ensure they run smoothly? I am concerned because I see the data being disconnected on IB and wonder if strategies would still run properly since as my chart feed is using TS instead.
Hello Ming80,

There is no need to restart MultiCharts after IB servers restart.
2. Do daily settlement prices refresh without reloading MC. Thus, would it be necessary to restart or reload price data charts once a day in MC at least?
As I was told we do not utilize the settlement price from IB.
3. Assuming one uses 30 charts. Would it be better to use a single instance of MC (1 x 30) or use 3 instances of MC with (3 x 10 charts) each?
If you are using MultiCharts64 then whatever is more comfortable for you. 32 bit version of MultiCharts has a Windows limitation of 2 GB of virtual memory per process (like each other 32 bit application does), so it may require running multiple isntances. If current setup does not overload your system then everything is ok.

Return to “MultiCharts”