Problems with updating IB Charts?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
RogueSquadron

Problems with updating IB Charts?

Postby RogueSquadron » 17 Sep 2015

Hello,

Beginning of this week I increased the number of active workspaces I use for trading and since then I am experiencing that sometimes suddenly MultiCharts is no longer updating the charts.

I increased from 6 to 12 workspaces in total now, each with a minimum of 2 instruments (ASK/BID) and some with a third instrument for currency conversion.

MultiCharts does not report any error, keeps responding to user actions, but does not update charts anymore. The log of quote manager does not show any activity either.

It is i5 with 4 GB RAM and running Windows 7 32 bit.

Did anybody of you experience similar problems?

Thanks in advance

Rogue

TJ

Re: Problems with updating IB Charts?

Postby TJ » 17 Sep 2015

Hello,

Beginning of this week I increased the number of active workspaces I use for trading and since then I am experiencing that sometimes suddenly MultiCharts is no longer updating the charts.

I increased from 6 to 12 workspaces in total now, each with a minimum of 2 instruments (ASK/BID) and some with a third instrument for currency conversion.

MultiCharts does not report any error, keeps responding to user actions, but does not update charts anymore. The log of quote manager does not show any activity either.

It is i5 with 4 GB RAM and running Windows 7 32 bit.

Did anybody of you experience similar problems?

Thanks in advance

Rogue
Is this a laptop computer?

The 32 bit operating system is the most likely culprit -- you are limited to 2 GB of usable memory space.
If you see the computer slows down, it was busy swapping the memory to harddisk.

You should upgrade to 64 bit. No serious user should be using 32 bit these days.
At the same time, you should increase the RAM to at least 8 GB.

RogueSquadron

Re: Problems with updating IB Charts?

Postby RogueSquadron » 17 Sep 2015

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling, this might be the problem. I will do so and report back, if that solved the issue.

Regards

Rogue

Return to “MultiCharts”