Problem in "Merged Chart"

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
robinszeto

Problem in "Merged Chart"

Postby robinszeto » 21 Sep 2015

Dear all,

I combined eSignal YM#F daily bar as historic, and add I.B. as RT (for the last 20 days).

1) I can get a combined chart successfully.
2) But when I apply a moving average indicator to the combined chart, it only shows the result up to the historic region (eSignal data region).
3) Is there any method to get a moving average plot that using the historic data and the last 20 bar of real time data, such that I can get an "useful" SMA on the last bar?

Thanks

Robin Szeto
Attachments
ymcombined.JPG
(75.92 KiB) Downloaded 240 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Problem in "Merged Chart"

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Sep 2015

Hello robinszeto,

By default an indicator is calculated on one data series. On your chart you have two separate data series. If you want to merge a real-time data source and a historical data source into a single chart you need to turn on the option in MultiCharts->File->Preferences->Charting->Enable data sources merging.
Then follow these instructions: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ngle_Chart

Real-time data will be plotted only from the moment you have created a chart.
That it is not possible to set a certain rollover point at which historical data will stop and realtime data will start.
Missing data between the last data point of historical symbol and current moment using realtime data will not be backfilled.

Return to “MultiCharts”