Statusline - status of studies

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
signalworks

Statusline - status of studies

Postby signalworks » 12 Oct 2015

Hello,

can one see the state of the contained studies in the statusline? If I set a status to "off", the study is still showing in the statusline. Rather it could be also hidden there or marked as "off" (better hidden).

Thanks,

regards,
Lutz
Attachments
mc_indicators off.PNG
(45.84 KiB) Downloaded 507 times

arnie

Re: Statusline - status of studies

Postby arnie » 12 Oct 2015

Hello,

can one see the state of the contained studies in the statusline? If I set a status to "off", the study is still showing in the statusline. Rather it could be also hidden there or marked as "off" (better hidden).

Thanks,

regards,
Lutz
You know the study in the status line act like a button right?
You click on it and when it has the gray color, like your image shows, it's OFF and when you click on it again it has no color indicating it's ON.
Simpler than this it's impossible.

By the way, if you cannot click on the studies in the status line go to File -> Preferences -> Charting -> and select Enable indicator status switch in a status line of a chart

signalworks

thanks, Arnie!
Activate/deactive (and greyed out) with a click on it works. I thought to an option, to clear the statusline from deactivated indicators, but not delete it completely. (new activation via format->indicators...)...quasi a third state: active/inactive (greyed-out)/off (hidden).

TJ

Postby TJ » 12 Oct 2015

thanks, Arnie!
Activate/deactive (and greyed out) with a click on it works. I thought to an option, to clear the statusline from deactivated indicators, but not delete it completely. (new activation via format->indicators...)...quasi a third state: active/inactive (greyed-out)/off (hidden).
You can remove the study from the chart. Then you won't see it.

But you cannot have it, and have it hidden at the same time. What is the point?

signalworks

The point is, if I have 20 loaded indicators and even as many strategies (for testing purposes), the statusline needs a lot place above the chart. To load all seperately would be a roundabout way in this case. So the thought, to hide them from the statusline but not completely delete from the chart.

TJ

Postby TJ » 12 Oct 2015

The point is, if I have 20 loaded indicators and even as many strategies (for testing purposes), the statusline needs a lot place above the chart. To load all seperately would be a roundabout way in this case. So the thought, to hide them from the statusline but not completely delete from the chart.
Right click on the chart,
select Format Window,
under the Status Line tab,
uncheck any information that you do not want to see.

Return to “MultiCharts”