A Problem with slippage?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
arian_gh

A Problem with slippage?

Postby arian_gh » 23 Oct 2015

Hello everyone,

During the test on USDCAD I have noticed that when I increase the amount of slippage, the amount of the commission paid is being decreased in the strategy performance report. Is there any particular reason for that or could it be a potential bug?

Thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: A Problem with slippage?  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Oct 2015

Hello arian_gh,

We have not experienced such behavior on our end. If you are able to replicate it - please send us the following information for analysis to support@multicharts.com:  
- workspace you are using; 
- in QuoteManager select the symbols you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument (without data). Send us the QMD export file for analysis; 
- in PowerLanguage .NET editor->File->Export->export the studies you are using for replicating this behavior; send us the pln file;
- specify the version and build number of MultiCharts you are running (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About); 
- attach export of your report; 
- screenshots demonstrating the issue;
- description why you think these values are incorrect.

arian_gh

Re: A Problem with slippage?

Postby arian_gh » 28 Oct 2015

I think I've found one possible reason: The more slippage leads to less profit and subsequently slower equity growth. Less equity growth results in less contracts and in turn less amounts of commission paid.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”