Running MC 24h - IB server reset - MC needs restart  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
FutureTrader

Running MC 24h - IB server reset - MC needs restart

Postby FutureTrader » 30 Oct 2015

Hi,
who is running MC with Interactive Brokers and who is able to run it more than 24 hours?
IB's servers are "resetting" once every day, this is the time when MC stops working correctly. MC still draws correct prices, MC still is able to show ask/bid prices, but MC doesn't show correct values for P/L (actually it is showing nothing), MC shows no positions. You can see that the ask/bid, P/L panel in chat trades is greyed out (see attachment), besides it is showing realtime data for bid/ask prices. The only way to solve it is to restart MC (that MC crashes 8 of 10 times closing all desktops is another story...).
So who else has this behavior with MC?
Attachments
mc.connected.but.inactive.png
(22 KiB) Downloaded 743 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Running MC 24h - IB server reset - MC needs restart

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Nov 2015

Hello FutureTrader,

Please install the updater from this post and send us the logs if this behavior is still present.

beejaysea

Postby beejaysea » 19 Nov 2015

I also had this problem with MC 9.0. I'm using the latest IB Gateway. I still have the problem with MC 9.1.

FutureTrader

Postby FutureTrader » 19 Nov 2015

I also had this problem with MC 9.0. I'm using the latest IB Gateway. I still have the problem with MC 9.1.
on the one hand it's glad to hear but on the other hand it's fantastic that there are other users, who have the same experiences! I've sent logs months ago, but no success. It was just said, that they will fix it with MC 9.1. I cannot provide logs, because as soon as I activate logging MC is unusable. Perhaps you could provide logs, if you don't have those problems, too.

beejaysea

Postby beejaysea » 20 Nov 2015

on the one hand it's glad to hear but on the other hand it's fantastic that there are other users, who have the same experiences! I've sent logs months ago, but no success. It was just said, that they will fix it with MC 9.1. I cannot provide logs, because as soon as I activate logging MC is unusable. Perhaps you could provide logs, if you don't have those problems, too.
So, a couple of times that I've noticed this happens. IB Gateway resets for sure every weeknight at 8:45PM Pacific time, 11:45PM, Eastern, and -sometimes- this stops the seamless flow of data once it all connects back up. Sometimes orders managed by MC don't get put back (TIF=DAY, not sure about GTC).

I'm not sure I will have any different experience than you when trying to grab logs in this situation.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Running MC 24h - IB server reset - MC needs restart  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Dec 2015

This issue has been resolved in MultiCharts 9.1 Release 2 (12009/12010).

Return to “MultiCharts”