{Exception} Floating-point invalid operation - Optimization

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Adrian Uncle

{Exception} Floating-point invalid operation - Optimization

Postby Adrian Uncle » 01 Dec 2015

Hi there,

I am running the MC genetic optimization. It was less than 1 minute when I received the error message {Exception} Floating-point invalid operation. I believe that it may be caused by dividing by zero. Is this a known bug in MC? I ran the same code and same optimization parameters on TS 9.1 and it works without any issues.

TJ

Re: {Exception} Floating-point invalid operation - Optimizat

Postby TJ » 01 Dec 2015

Hi there,

I am running the MC genetic optimization. It was less than 1 minute when I received the error message {Exception} Floating-point invalid operation. I believe that it may be caused by dividing by zero. Is this a known bug in MC? I ran the same code and same optimization parameters on TS 9.1 and it works without any issues.
I would check your code and your data first...

GIGO

This can happen to empty data fields.

If the problem is division by zero,
it will say so in the error message.

Adrian Uncle

Postby Adrian Uncle » 04 Dec 2015

TJ,

Thanks for your input. I am using the same EL strategy, the exact same optimization parameters, and also the same data source to validate TS and MC platforms. TS is running single core and it was able to perform the optimization. For MC x64 platform, it stopped out and stated {Exception} Floating-point invalid operation. Could it be multicores that is causing the issues? Is there a way that I can turn off the multicores to validate this theory?

TJ

Postby TJ » 04 Dec 2015

TJ,

Thanks for your input. I am using the same EL strategy, the exact same optimization parameters, and also the same data source to validate TS and MC platforms. TS is running single core and it was able to perform the optimization. For MC x64 platform, it stopped out and stated {Exception} Floating-point invalid operation. Could it be multicores that is causing the issues? Is there a way that I can turn off the multicores to validate this theory?
You can turn off multi-core. Just google the web and you will find many tutorials on how to do it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Dec 2015

Hello Adrian Uncle,

Please refer to the following page: Floating-Point Division by Zero Error Message.

Return to “MultiCharts”