5 Instances of MC for 5 Different Trading Accounts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Adrian Uncle

5 Instances of MC for 5 Different Trading Accounts

Postby Adrian Uncle » 03 Dec 2015

Hi there,

I am new to MC. Can you confirm that I am able to launch 5 different instances of MC for 5 different trading accounts? I have 16GB of memory and 8 cores cpu.

Many thanks in advance.

tony

Re: 5 Instances of MC for 5 Different Trading Accounts

Postby tony » 04 Dec 2015

Are you asking to trade 5 different instruments simultaneously within one MC license? If so, then yes. Create a WS for each instrument and then one broker profile and then format each signal by changing the account information for each broker plugin. I do this for two instruments, I am not aware of a limit of 5 other than possibly machine resources.

TrendFirst

Re: 5 Instances of MC for 5 Different Trading Accounts

Postby TrendFirst » 04 Dec 2015

Agree with tony, you should not have to launch 5 instances of MC to do what you want. Launch it once and use 5 workspaces. You may also be able to specify an account on each chart you are trading, so you may not need more than a couple of workspaces.

You may have to have 5 instances of your broker software going at once, to link to each of the workspaces/charts. You will need to change the port settings to have a different port for each account. Or you may be able to use some kind of allocation method, it will depend on your broker and your account type.

As far as computer resources, you can track this in Task Manager. Just monitor your memory usage and cpu as you open more workspaces. Depending on what else you have running, it shouldn't be a problem.

Return to “MultiCharts”