Import or merge several portfolio files together into one

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
andywill

Import or merge several portfolio files together into one

Postby andywill » 22 Dec 2015

Hello,

please vote here if you are interested into this feature too.

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1980

If I create 2 different Portfolios in Portfolio Trader and saved them in two different files, I am not able to merge them into one portfolio and then check the performance of the overall larger combined portfolio of these two. Only if I add every strategy and instrument line by line, I can create one portfolio out of them. Especially if I have some older portfolios or I have checked portfolios on certain symbols, time frames, or strategies I have to do this manually afterwards. There is no import or merge possibility of other saved portfolio files from PortfolioTrader. That should be very easily possible to merge different saved portfolio files together for saving a lot of time.

How to reproduce:
Just add the strategies and instruments and settings at the end of a given portfolio. You only have to change the prenumbers at the beginning of each strategy in a portfolio, so you are certain that not two same numbers are now occuring in one portfolio. So you can merge two or more portfolios to one large portfolio and then save this as a new one portfolio. At this moment every saved portfolio file have to be added manually together. Thats really timeconsuming. Please add this feature for the reason of usabilty and time savings.

This is please a to be added feature request because it affects everyone who is using PortfolioTrader. Because as time goes by different portfolio files are saved. But to look after some time how they would perform together as one portfolio cannot be done in a timsaving manner actually.

Thank you.

Return to “MultiCharts”