portfolio

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
RedBerlin

portfolio

Postby RedBerlin » 27 Dec 2015

can I do paper automatic trading with IB from portfolio ?
and can set portfolio just with 1 instrument and apply to it 4 strategies and each
strategy has 2 or 3 symbol?
thank you

JoshM

Re: portfolio

Postby JoshM » 30 Dec 2015

Yes, you can connect with an IB paper trading account just like a regular funded account.
and can set portfolio just with 1 instrument and apply to it 4 strategies and each
I think so, but if you want to trade 1 instrument with 4 strategies, then you can also just trade from the chart and don't need to launch the Portfolio Trader. Trading 3 symbols is of course possible in the Portfolio Trader; there's no minimum amount of symbols required in the Portfolio Trader.

RedBerlin

Postby RedBerlin » 30 Dec 2015

Yes, you can connect with an IB paper trading account just like a regular funded account.
I think so, but if you want to trade 1 instrument with 4 strategies, then you can also just trade from the chart and don't need to launch the Portfolio Trader. Trading 3 symbols is of course possible in the Portfolio Trader; there's no minimum amount of symbols required in the Portfolio Trader.
thanks Josh
to be honest I dont understand the best way to set portfolio and I ask difference between simple backtest from chart and set portfolio.
Josh , which is the best way to use portfolio?
is possible in short time explain here the portfolio ?

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 02 Jan 2016

to be honest I dont understand the best way to set portfolio and I ask difference between simple backtest from chart and set portfolio.
Josh , which is the best way to use portfolio?
is possible in short time explain here the portfolio ?
I don't know if there's a "best" way to set up the portfolio since this depends very much on what you want to do. Explaining the Porfolio Trader is a very broad question; do you have specific questions about it? That would make writing a forum reply easier.

As for learning the Portfolio Trader, I think you can best just try to experiment with it and learn while doing. That will also give the confidence needed when trading a real strategy with the Portfolio Trader, I think.

RedBerlin

Postby RedBerlin » 02 Jan 2016

Josh at least in this way I can see from portfolio the graphic performance of all symbol with
one graphic only, while from chart one graphic to time.
or am I wrong?
so,I believe to understand that set portfolio is:10 instruments with 1 symbol ,more or less.
is it?
however to me is very hard:I usually trade cfd on sp500,dax germany
,nikkey 225,minifutures italy,and I would need to tutor because my first issue is currency conversion!!I dont know how sell 1 contract in more step if I trade 3 contracts!!
I think I never will be skill to set portfolo or use in best way MC but I m occasionally day trader since 1998 and I have to say tha tafter my unhappy experience with link multichart to my italian broker, I
opened a small account with interactve brokers and Ive been fascineted to see how tecnology is very high linking MC and IB.
ciao
p.s.
my apologies about English.

Return to “MultiCharts”