Charting with Bars back limitation: Always the same location  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Charting with Bars back limitation: Always the same location

Postby arjfca » 09 Jan 2016

Hello

I usually use the Bar back setting to charts instead of a specific date to start.

Charts seem to always start to the same time period independant to the # bars that I select

Look at these snap picture. A blue vertical line and an arrow has been placed on the left border showing the first displayed bar .

I did
- 4h 2000 bars back
- 4H 2500 bars back
- 1H 2500 bars back

So the question : Is it my data provider (Interactive Brokers) or MC that do the limitation?

Martin
Chart_2000Bars_4H.png
(102.26 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
Chart_2500Bars_4H.png
(108.08 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
Chart_2500Bars_1H.png
(105.65 KiB) Downloaded 596 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Charting with Bars back limitation: Always the same loca  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Jan 2016

Hello Martin,

When using “bars back” request on intra-day resolutions - the history will never exceed 91 days, even if your data provides supplies it or you have more data in the database.
The limitation is applied to avoid overloading the data providers with requests that cannot return data (infinitely going back to 1900 for ex.).
In order to load the desired data range – please try using the Days Back or From-To request type.

TJ

Re: Charting with Bars back limitation: Always the same loca

Postby TJ » 12 Jan 2016

Hello Martin,

When using “bars back” request on intra-day resolutions - the history will never exceed 91 days,
::
Henry:

That's a strange limitation. 91 days is not a lot for hourly charts, but a lot for a tick chart.

To avoid user frustration and tech support time,
please ask the engineers to add a note to specify this 91 Days limitation.

Attachments
Bars Back Limitation.jpg
(48.74 KiB) Downloaded 610 times

arjfca

Re: Charting with Bars back limitation: Always the same loca

Postby arjfca » 12 Jan 2016

Hello Martin,

When using “bars back” request on intra-day resolutions - the history will never exceed 91 days, even if your data provides supplies it or you have more data in the database.
The limitation is applied to avoid overloading the data providers with requests that cannot return data (infinitely going back to 1900 for ex.).
In order to load the desired data range – please try using the Days Back or From-To request type.
A suggestion to add a similar limit # bars for Tick scale

If by mistake, I change the scale to be a ticks one and I did'nt change the starting bar to be "bar back", then I overload MC and it may eventually fail or crash.

91 days @ 100 tick bars that will require a huge file. Can't say what could be the limit, but there should be one by default.

Martin

Return to “MultiCharts”