Questions re symbol mapping

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Xyzzy

Questions re symbol mapping

Postby Xyzzy » 11 Jan 2016

Hi,

I have two questions concerning symbol mapping. I'm using data from IQFeed for trading NASDAQ stocks with Interactive Brokers/TWS using SMART routing.

First, when MultiCharts creates default symbol mappings for Nasdaq stocks, they're always incorrect, which means that MC can't place orders through IB. This is shown in the Wiki page for symbol mapping, in example 2. ("Default Symbol Mapping is not correct: Broker Symbol name should be changed.")

https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ol_Mapping

Is there a reason that MultiCharts is using the wrong symbol mapping as the default? Is there any way to change this default? This has been a source of frustration for me -- several times, I've been banging my head wondering why a strategy isn't placing orders through IB, only to realize later that the symbol mapping is using the incorrect defaults.

Second, is symbol mapping supported in Portfolio Trader? I can't find a way to select it directly within the PT application. I'm hoping that the PT application will just use whatever symbol mapping instructions are set within the MultiCharts application.

Many thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Questions re symbol mapping

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Jan 2016

Hello Xyzzy,

You can try the following solution:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47718&p=118769#p118769

Portfolio Trader is utilizing the broker profiles and the symbol mapping set in the MultiCharts.

Return to “MultiCharts”