Portfolio Strat example requested.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Rick Webber

Portfolio Strat example requested.

Postby Rick Webber » 25 Jan 2016

I am decent enough coder using easylanguage but am struggling hard trying to get Portfolio Trader coded and realize I need to find an example closer to what I'm trying to do or it is a no go. I'm also think it will be a benefit to others as there is a shortage of info all in all.
I have 5 symbols that each have a strategy that have 3 conditions for a long and 3 conditions for a short so a possible 30 buy/sell signals. So all that works fine. I just want to be able to control how many positions I'm in at one time. Manually with an input for now will be fine.
A code to example for this would be so appreciated. I've read all the links on this there is but still not getting it. Thanks in advance.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Portfolio Strat example requested.

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Jan 2016

Hello Rick,

Have you checked the prebuilt Rank Strategy example? Please see the “Portfolio Rank MM Signal” in your PowerLanguage Editor. You can find the code description at this page:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... k_Strategy

The9000

Postby The9000 » 27 Jan 2016

Hi Rick,

To understand what you want to do, you want to limit your long positions to X and your short positions to Y?

So you can only have X longs positions on at once and Y short positions at once?

Once you've reached those levels, if your strategy sends an order to the market, you want the ordered denied?

If this is the case, it's fairly easy to do with the Money Management Script.

Tony

Rick Webber

Postby Rick Webber » 28 Jan 2016

Thanks Henry and Tony for responding. I've gone through the Rank strategy but not getting enough out of it to get rolling. Frustrating. Once rolling I should be able to build from that but not there yet. Actually Tony I am simply wanting to manually control the total amount of contracts, whether it be long or short, for this portfolio. Just wish there were more examples.

Return to “MultiCharts”