How to show self-defined product name on charts?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
renochen

How to show self-defined product name on charts?

Postby renochen » 01 Feb 2016

Hi everyone,

I created a spread product on multicharts. The product is in the form of X-Y.
I used dataN of those outright products to form the spread curve and hided the original products.
The thing is the title of the window always shows the name of the first product (X).

I tried to show text as "X-Y" somewhere on the plot, for example left-top corner, but haven't found any good solution.
An alternative is to use "text" function, however the label I created is fixed at a time point, which means it will fade away when time moves forward.

Please let me know if there is better solution. Thanks.

JoshM

Re: How to show self-defined product name on charts?

Postby JoshM » 02 Feb 2016

You can plot a string with `PlotN()` in an indicator. That string will then display in the Status Line, provided that the 'Show study values' option is enabled (that option is listed in the Status Line's settings).

That way you can plot a custom text there with the product name (or something else). You can also change the order of the scripts on the chart so that this indicator with the product name is listed first, if you want even before the other Status Line entries.

Note, however, that the name of such an indicator is also displayed in the Status Line. But if you name such an indicator something like 'Spread' or 'Instrument', it looks quite natural.

Return to “MultiCharts”