Broker and OCO order

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hendrix

Broker and OCO order

Postby hendrix » 11 Feb 2016

Hello

If I lose my internet connection or I have a problem with my netbox, my OCO order will be lost if I did not choose a broker that hosts itself this type of order.

On this page (https://www.multicharts.com/brokers/), I see there is only one broker which propose an OCO order tracked by itself (IB).

Can you confirm that there is only IB which offer to host this type of order?

best regards

JoshM

Re: Broker and OCO order

Postby JoshM » 11 Feb 2016

While waiting for confirmation, this is what I found on the wiki:
Native OCO-group is used when the broker’s API supports OCO-groups. In this case all OCO orders are sent to the broker directly and unfilled OCO orders will be cancelled by the broker. (Native OCO-group is supported by Interactive Brokers, FXCM and IWBank).
Source: Trading risks - OCO orders.

tony

Postby tony » 18 Feb 2016

For clarification, your OCO order is not lost, both orders are waiting for execution. What happens is when one fills, the broker relies on MC to tell it to cancel the remaining open order. Still a legitimate concern. Why I have power back ups on my machine and router even why my systems usually trade less than 40 minutes a day, often far less than that.

bensat

Postby bensat » 19 Feb 2016

For clarification, your OCO order is not lost, both orders are waiting for execution. What happens is when one fills, the broker relies on MC to tell it to cancel the remaining open order. Still a legitimate concern. Why I have power back ups on my machine and router even why my systems usually trade less than 40 minutes a day, often far less than that.
What ??? The thread opener is saying that he can't see his OCO's after he lost connection and you want to tell that it sits somewhere while he can not see his 'old' OCO after he has connection to the broker back up again ?

From my understanding, an OCO order sent to a broker supporting OCO order hosting on their system should stay their till further instruction is given whether the connection is lost or not. If the connection was lost and the order can't be seen again, it is a sync problem between broker & MC. If an OCO order is given locally only, while the broker doesn't support hosting OCO's, it should still stay locally after the connection is back up again.

tony

Postby tony » 19 Feb 2016

What ??? The thread opener is saying that he can't see his OCO's after he lost connection and you want to tell that it sits somewhere while he can not see his 'old' OCO after he has connection to the broker back up again ?

From my understanding, an OCO order sent to a broker supporting OCO order hosting on their system should stay their till further instruction is given whether the connection is lost or not. If the connection was lost and the order can't be seen again, it is a sync problem between broker & MC. If an OCO order is given locally only, while the broker doesn't support hosting OCO's, it should still stay locally after the connection is back up again.
That's so kind of you to ridicule someone whose answer you do not feel is correct. Thanks!

asyx

Postby asyx » 27 Feb 2016

Some time ago the AMP website said that the Multicharts.Net Special Edition is with server side OCO. So I asked if this is also true for the normal version.

Here what AMP answered me not long ago....

CQG data feed does offer server side OCO with Multi-charts easy language. Here is a link to request for demo credentials.

http://www.ampfutures.com/platforms/mul ... -language/

Johnny...

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 10:00 AM
To: AMP - LA - Johnny Khek
Subject: Aw: AMP Support

Johnny,

Is MULTICHARTS 9.1 with EasyLanguage with server side OCO, too?

Thanks and best regards

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Mar 2016

Some time ago the AMP website said that the Multicharts.Net Special Edition is with server side OCO. So I asked if this is also true for the normal version.

CQG data feed does offer server side OCO with Multi-charts easy language.
That is correct. CQG connection has native (server side) OCO group support since switching to the Web API in version 9.1. The corresponding web pages have been updated.

monexx

Postby monexx » 03 Mar 2016

That is correct. CQG connection has native (server side) OCO group support since switching to the Web API in version 9.1. The corresponding web pages have been updated.
Hello,
This is true although I have an account through AMP?

On pages about brokers is it specified native orders for CQG but for AMP are not native orders.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Mar 2016

Hello,
This is true although I have an account through AMP?

On pages about brokers is it specified native orders for CQG but for AMP are not native orders.
This is also true for AMP accounts that work through CQG connection. As you can see AMP supports multiple different infrastructures, so you need to refer to the one you are going to use.

Return to “MultiCharts”