Unable to Connect To Oanda  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mcjohn

Unable to Connect To Oanda

Postby mcjohn » 14 Feb 2016

Hello,

I am receiving a message “Unable to download authorize from api-fxpractice.oanda.com”. I have not changed anything on my side. I have checked to ensure that nothing changed in broker mapping, quote manager..... The Oanda Network Login window appears, however, it is blank with no login fields.

There is no problem logging into fxTrade via MC, it is fxTradePractice that has the problem.

John

Fu510n

Re: Unable to Connect To Oanda

Postby Fu510n » 15 Feb 2016

Hello,

I am receiving a message “Unable to download authorize from api-fxpractice.oanda.com”. I have not changed anything on my side. I have checked to ensure that nothing changed in broker mapping, quote manager..... The Oanda Network Login window appears, however, it is blank with no login fields.

There is no problem logging into fxTrade via MC, it is fxTradePractice that has the problem.

John
I'm having the same issue though was initially unable to log into either after Oanda performed some "significant maintenance" over the weekend. Their (chat) support claimed that everything should be up and available now though I haven't been able to access the fxTradePractice area post-maintenance.

Could have something to do with their notice: "We have recently introduced 64-bit transaction IDs. Go here if you are having any issues." (posted @ http://developer.oanda.com/rest-live/64-bit-transition/).

Glad to see that MC is now at least working with live accounts but I really need both :).

-Guy

Fu510n

Postby Fu510n » 15 Feb 2016

...and the act of posting here to the MC forum just made it work for both practice and live accounts.

You guys are amazing - even on a US holiday! ;)

(that or someone at Oanda forgot to flip a switch somewhere...)

mcjohn

Re: Unable to Connect To Oanda  [SOLVED]

Postby mcjohn » 10 Apr 2016

Its happening again. The login window, when it does appear is blank and disappears with in seconds.

mcjohn

I was able to login to repeat disconnects, however, that is the new problem - repeat disconnects not only with different workspaces, now it is with the same workspaces. I have been with MC-Oanda for quite some time now and this story is getting too old. Oanda and/or MC does updates on the weekend and there are significant problems on Forex open? Yet, MC does not come online for support for ~ 12 hours and Oanda says it is MC's issue. What can be done?

mcjohn

Hopefully this will at least help others out. I would not trade with real money for a while. I was informed from staff "Henry" that one bug that creates orders as much as 10 to 25 times the desired amount will not be fixed until next week sometime. This new bug, yet to be determined. If you are like me I am losing multitudes of real money compared to the cost of MC's subscription. Let's hope that they fix it or that TS makes a deal with Oanda. May seem harsh, but when MC fails I lose my own money and the loyal following of managed accounts. In a less forgiving world this would turn into a liability case for compensation of losses.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Apr 2016

I was able to login to repeat disconnects, however, that is the new problem - repeat disconnects not only with different workspaces, now it is with the same workspaces. I have been with MC-Oanda for quite some time now and this story is getting too old. Oanda and/or MC does updates on the weekend and there are significant problems on Forex open? Yet, MC does not come online for support for ~ 12 hours and Oanda says it is MC's issue. What can be done?
Hopefully this will at least help others out. I would not trade with real money for a while. I was informed from staff "Henry" that one bug that creates orders as much as 10 to 25 times the desired amount will not be fixed until next week sometime. This new bug, yet to be determined. If you are like me I am losing multitudes of real money compared to the cost of MC's subscription. Let's hope that they fix it or that TS makes a deal with Oanda. May seem harsh, but when MC fails I lose my own money and the loyal following of managed accounts. In a less forgiving world this would turn into a liability case for compensation of losses.
The connection was not configured correctly on the user's end.

Return to “MultiCharts”