Tick data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Jimmyrakete

Tick data

Postby Jimmyrakete » 18 Feb 2016

I can choose to order the charts load faster and I all tick data abspeicher?
Will the charging time shortening

was kann ich einstellen damit die Charts schneller laden und ich alle Tick daten abspeicher?
Will die Lade Zeit Verkürzen

JoshM

Re: Tick data

Postby JoshM » 18 Feb 2016

My German isn't good, so an answer based on what I understood from your question:

It's not possible in MultiCharts to choose the order in which charts and their symbols load: whenever a workspace opens, the symbols on that workspace have their data loaded. You can choose to start MultiCharts with not all workspaces opened, but then you'd need to open the workspaces yourself later.

What I used to do is have MultiCharts start with the workspaces that I needed almost all the time, and use a short data range on those charts. Then I would every 2-3 weeks open my 'download workspaces' with all the symbols that I wanted to download tick data of. Those 'download workspaces' had a long data range so that they could backfill any data I didn't download over the previous weeks.

That way I would get on a day-to-day basis quickly all the symbols loaded that I needed (and could start working with MultiCharts soon), and during the weekends I'd have all the historical data backfilled in MultiCharts while I was doing something else.

Hope this answers your question.

Return to “MultiCharts”