chart IB symbol help  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rrams

chart IB symbol help

Postby rrams » 03 Mar 2016

First, I want to say that I have used MultiCharts every day for several years and am happy with it.
Occasionally I have an issue and I need to make sure I am following the correct procedure.

I could not get a good MC chart in any timeframe for an ecbot futures symbol called AIGCI. The description is here: http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/agricul ... tions.html. It has low volume, but plots fine on Interactive Brokers.

I would be grateful if someone with IB could add the March contract to the QuoteManager and set the Custom Session Template to CBOT: agricultural Fut. & Opt. (open auction). (8:30-13:15 is when it trades.) and let me know if they can produce an intra-day chart that has all the data.

Here is a comparison using MC64 version 9.1 Build 12010 and IB:
AIGCI.png
(68.16 KiB) Downloaded 457 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: chart IB symbol help

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Mar 2016

Hello rrams,

Please add the symbol from the data source.
In QuoteManager please go to Instrument tab->Add symbol->From data source->Interactive Brokers->Futures->AIGCI->Lookup.
Then plot a new chart for the instrument you have added and reload it (Ctrl+R).

rrams

Re: chart IB symbol help

Postby rrams » 06 Mar 2016

Thank you Henry. Yes, I added the symbol to the QM in exactly the manner you suggested and reloaded. I also turned off "filter bars with zero volume" in the IB Data Feed settings to see if that helped.

Although I can plot the Bids and Asks perfectly - I cannot plot Trades correctly. It appears to be filtering Trades historically and in realtime.

If anyone can send a picture of an accurate 5 min MC chart of AIGCI, then I will assume it is fixable on my end and continue testing. Otherwise I will just move on to other prospects. It's not that important.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: chart IB symbol help  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Mar 2016

Hello rrams,

Make sure you have "Trades" selected in TWS-> Edit-> Chart Parameters-> "What to show".

Return to “MultiCharts”