Multicharts disconnects from Oanda overnight

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Leo

Multicharts disconnects from Oanda overnight

Postby Leo » 10 Mar 2016

Hi all,

I've just opened a new Oanda account in order to perform some Forex autotrading.
I haven't had any problem in connecting MC to Oanda, however it seems that MC disconnects from Oanda during the night: in fact every morning I find the Oanda's login web page open; further, an exit order occurred at 4 a.m. has not been executed.
How to avoid this?

Thanks in advance

Sebastian Vermont

Re: Multicharts disconnects from Oanda overnight

Postby Sebastian Vermont » 16 Mar 2016

Leo,

I am using Oanda for one of my accounts right now and it has successfully run throughout the night for many nights. It only disconnects if an order is rejected. In this case, when I wake up I see that the connection to Oanda is disconnected and the Oanda login screen is visible.

Are any rejected orders showing up in your Logs tab in the Order and Position tracker? You mention an exit order, did this order occur before or after disconnect (because if it was before, and it was rejected, that is probably the reason for the disconnect)?

So far, I have personally experienced a disconnect due to: 1) Invalid symbol mappings and 2) Invalid account number.

Leo

Re: Multicharts disconnects from Oanda overnight

Postby Leo » 17 Mar 2016

Leo,

I am using Oanda for one of my accounts right now and it has successfully run throughout the night for many nights. It only disconnects if an order is rejected. In this case, when I wake up I see that the connection to Oanda is disconnected and the Oanda login screen is visible.

Are any rejected orders showing up in your Logs tab in the Order and Position tracker? You mention an exit order, did this order occur before or after disconnect (because if it was before, and it was rejected, that is probably the reason for the disconnect)?

So far, I have personally experienced a disconnect due to: 1) Invalid symbol mappings and 2) Invalid account number.

Sebastian thanks for your reply. I havent had any further nighttime disconnection from Oanda but I'll look in the next days what happens and the possible relation with rejected orders as you suggest.
Thanks

Return to “MultiCharts”