Imported Studies Don't Show Up In x86  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
The9000

Imported Studies Don't Show Up In x86

Postby The9000 » 14 Mar 2016

I have a trial version of x86 MC 9.1 installed in my local machine to test out a new broker plug-in before the developer builds it for x64. My production setup is x64 9.1 portfolio trader that runs on EC2.

I exported the signals from my x64 version and imported them into the x86 version. They show up in the Power Editor and I can edit them, however when I try to add a signal in the portfolio trader or in MC, the imported studies don't show up.

I tried exiting and rebooting after importing the studies and that didn't work. When I did that, they completely disappeared and were not available in the Power Editor. However when I reimported them into the Power Editor, they are again available there, however not in portfolio trader or regular MC.

I also tried manually creating a new signal by copying the text and pasting it into a new study. The same problem occurs. Is there a limitation on the trial version?

Any ideas?

TJ

Re: Imported Studies Don't Show Up In x86

Postby TJ » 14 Mar 2016

::

Is there a limitation on the trial version?

Any ideas?
There is no trial version.

What you have is a full function MultiCharts with a 30 days time limit on it.

You have already purchased MultiCharts,
your license entitles you to also install and use the x86 version on multiple computers. Of course you can only run one copy of the license at the same time.

If you are serious about developing a system for your trading business, you should buy 2 licenses so that you can have a development platform outside of EC2. The cost would be less than a stupid bad trade or a missed opportunity.
Just my thoughts. YMMV.

TJ

Re: Imported Studies Don't Show Up In x86

Postby TJ » 14 Mar 2016

Make sure you run all the components as administrator.

Make sure your directories are read/write-enabled.

The9000

Re: Imported Studies Don't Show Up In x86  [SOLVED]

Postby The9000 » 15 Mar 2016

Thanks for the tip. Running the Power Editor as admin and reimporting the strategies worked.

Return to “MultiCharts”