Bracket Exit not "auto" applying; why no "pips" setting  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
XMA

Bracket Exit not "auto" applying; why no "pips" setting

Postby XMA » 30 Mar 2016

Using Oanda data, the "Bracket" is not auto-applying to chart after order entry.

And, there is not a "pips" setting for Forex users to be able to set an default setting for a trade for a certain number of "pips" as stop loss and profit target. Any plans to add "pips" to the default settings box? % makes no sense since each instrument is of different value - and also some instruments (any with JPY) "pip" is different than USD.

Is seems it would make sense for a user to be able to have a certain # of pips as a default setting regardless of instrument (Pair) traded.

Thanks... welcome any knowledge, thoughts, plans, etc.
Attachments
160330AutoExit.jpg
(26.91 KiB) Downloaded 496 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Bracket Exit not "auto" applying; why no "pips" setting  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Apr 2016

Hello XMA,

Here is how to set the bracket exits to auto attach to an entry order:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... uto_Attach

As for the Bracket Parameters:
Profit target and stop loss levels can be both set as price levels or offsets. Click the Price Level button or the Offset button to switch between entry modes.
Offset values can be indicated as ticks or %. To change indication type, click the Tick/Percent button.
There are no "pips" in MultiCharts. 1 tick = minimum price increment, for EUR.USD it is 0.00001 (Min.Movement / Price Scale=0.00001*1), while "classical" pip = 0.0001.

XMA

Re: Bracket Exit not "auto" applying; why no "pips" setting

Postby XMA » 01 Apr 2016

Thank you for your response --

I had already understood the settings - but because JPY pairs have less decimals used in each pair per pip, tick size results in different amount vs. EUR/USD (as an example). I was wondering if there was a method to set a standard default amount for stop loss and profit target as "pips" so one could gain greater continuity without constantly resetting parameters if changed the instrument on a prior chart --

I am also having trouble with CQG data streaming while OANDA data is also streaming. All settings appear to be correct. I did see some issues with CQG servers -- are these ongoing?

Thank you!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Bracket Exit not "auto" applying; why no "pips" setting

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Apr 2016

I am also having trouble with CQG data streaming while OANDA data is also streaming. All settings appear to be correct. I did see some issues with CQG servers -- are these ongoing?
The access to CQG historical data servers was limited for a short period of time yesterday. There should be no limitations with data access at the moment.

Return to “MultiCharts”