FitnessFunction in Portfolio Trader

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
lbottan

FitnessFunction in Portfolio Trader

Postby lbottan » 07 Apr 2016

I have a strategy on a symbol that with several combinations of inputs gives different results.
Let's say I found 30 good combinations of parameters that gives me good equities.

I than want to select only 10 combinations, the best 10 combinations.

My criteria is based on stdev of ANNUAL net profit and other criteria.

My idea is to create a fitness function to get the STdev of annual net profit (or is it available already?) and use it in portfolio.

I have not succeeding so far...

I drafted the signal to get the customfitness function ... and apparently if i apply it on a chart, after my strategy, it works.... Even If i optimize the signal (on a chart) on the base of the fitness it works...

What i can't understand is wht when i put my strategy in portfolio i get always the same value for every combination...

Of ocurs ein portfolio I createted several strategy group and in each one of them there is my symbol and my strategy (with different parameters).
One parameter is ON/OFF ... so If i optimize the whole portfolio by this ON/OFF i get all possible combination ... but here ... I always get SAME value of customfitnessfunction ...

why?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: FitnessFunction in Portfolio Trader

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Apr 2016

Hello lbottan,

Please send us the following information for analysis of this case to support@multicharts.com:  
- MultiCharts workspace you are using;
- Portfolio workspace you are using; 
- in QuoteManager select the symbols you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument (with data). Send us the QMD export file for analysis; 
- in PowerLanguage editor->File->Export->export with dependent functions the studies you are using in the workspaces you are providing. Send the study export file;
- specify the version and build number of MultiCharts you are running (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About); 
- output log/screenshots demonstrating the issue.

Return to “MultiCharts”