How do you do BollingerBand for daily on a 5 minute chart?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
maisatomai

How do you do BollingerBand for daily on a 5 minute chart?

Postby maisatomai » 26 Apr 2016

I wanted BollingerBand(c,5,1) for daily value and thus I put i on a daily chart.

Now I am migrating to a 5minute chart. If I put BollingerBand(c,5,1) then it will refer to the 5 minutes bars.

tony

Re: How do you do BollingerBand for daily on a 5 minute char

Postby tony » 26 Apr 2016

The first idea that comes to mind is create a data 2 (sub chart) that is a daily chart and your data 1 is the 5 min bar. Then when you declare your variables declare them such as var1( 0, data2 ); and then when you reference var1, reference it as var1 of data2. So for example if var1 is the upper BB on the daily, and you want to sell when close > var1, then write when close > var1 of data2

There may be a way to reconstruct 5 minute bars into daily bars but I'm not exactly sure if the values would be the same versus the way I mention above.

I should note though, backtesting will be a little "off." The reason being I believe is even with IOG on data2 is only calculated on OHLC, not intrabar.

TJ

Re: How do you do BollingerBand for daily on a 5 minute char  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 26 Apr 2016

I wanted BollingerBand(c,5,1) for daily value and thus I put i on a daily chart.

Now I am migrating to a 5minute chart. If I put BollingerBand(c,5,1) then it will refer to the 5 minutes bars.

See post #4
(4) [FAQ] Multiple time frame, Multi-Data Analysis
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6929

Return to “MultiCharts”