questions about sellshort/buy  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
zxlee

questions about sellshort/buy

Postby zxlee » 04 May 2016

Code: Select all

if marketposition=1 then sellshort next bar at market;
It will send a 2 shares entry order,1 share will close the long position and the other share will open a short position.On the end, I have a short position.

If so, why sellshort can not just send two orders, one is an exit order to close long position, and the other one is an entry order to open a short position ?

TJ

Re: questions about sellshort/buy  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 04 May 2016

It will send a 2 shares entry order,1 share will close the long position and the other share will open a short position.On the end, I have a short position.

If so, why sellshort can not just send two orders, one is an exit order to close long position, and the other one is an entry order to open a short position ?
Why do you want to do that?

JoshM

Re: questions about sellshort/buy

Postby JoshM » 28 May 2016

If you want to do so, you can use the Sell keyword to close the position and then use SellShort to initiate the short position. Note that, I suppose depending on your strategy settings, there needs to be at least one script calculation between these orders so that MultiCharts still won't combine them.

winnie

Postby winnie » 07 Jun 2016

Maybe he trades Chinese market, in which orders does not support Auto type, that is mean Sellshort 2 can not to be divided to one close order and one open order.

If use sell to close, then sellshort to open, sellshort just can open in next bar or next tick, it's too late.
If sellshort can send 2 orders, it will open and close in the same bar or same tick, that can crap the real-time quote and the good trading opportunity.

TJ

Postby TJ » 07 Jun 2016

Maybe he trades Chinese market...
I don't guess.
I don't assume.
This is trading.

Return to “MultiCharts”