IB Account Groups

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
foldenra

IB Account Groups

Postby foldenra » 06 May 2016

I have an Interactive Brokers(IB) FA Advisor account which is made up of two Independent Retirement Accounts (IRA) and one normal brokerage account.

The two IRA accounts have more restrictions then the single normal brokerage account and they are similar.

I find it more practical to trade the two account types separately. That is the two IRA acccounts as one type and the the more traditional brokerage account as the other.

On the IB platform I trade the two IRA accounts as a single group account one and I trade the normal brokerage account separately. This works best for me.

On the MC manual trading panel, I can access the 3 accounts as one with the FA Account or each individual account but I cannot access the two IRAs in a single group account as I can on the IB platform.

My need here is to be able to also access the specific IB group accounts so that I can continue to manage the two different sets of trading account types separately. I could then trade the 2 IRA accounts with an IB Group Account and the normal brokerage account separately as I do on the IB platform , now.

My request is to have the IB Group Accounts added to the drop down list for the Multicharts Manual Trading panel panel in the similar fashion to that done on the IB trading platform.

I am not clear how to route this request but would like it reviewed by MC staff and any interested forum members.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Best regards,
Ralph Folden

Henry MultiСharts

Re: IB Account Groups

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 May 2016

Hello Ralph,

You need to create multiple broker profiles with different Client IDs and individual FA allocations specified respectively. Then select the proper broker profile before placing an order or have multiple charts/DOMs with different profiles selected. You also need to select the F account in the account selector for the allocation settings to be applied to the order.

foldenra

Re: IB Account Groups

Postby foldenra » 21 May 2016

Henry helped me with that resolution and it has made no difference.

Return to “MultiCharts”