Oanda Multicharts data server randomly stops  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

Oanda Multicharts data server randomly stops

Postby MidKnight » 10 May 2016

Recently, the Oanda MC.net data server just stops distributing quotes. I see no messages in the quote manager window indicating of a problem.

Here is a screenshot of my Oanda FX Trade real account platform and the MC.net chart. The MC.net chart has stopped. Both applications are connected to the same account. The Oanda account is a V20 account. Oanda forced that change on all AU division clients.

Restarting MC.net fixes the problem until it randomly decides to stop again.

Edit: Installed latest stable build to see if a problem on this..
Attachments
oanda_ds_stopped.png
(34.99 KiB) Downloaded 2088 times

MidKnight

Re: Oanda Multicharts data server randomly stops

Postby MidKnight » 11 May 2016

No change with the latest stable MC.net64 version. Data still randomly stops and only a restart brings it back to life.
Attachments
oanda_ds_stopped_2.png
(34.39 KiB) Downloaded 2057 times

rsaraga

Postby rsaraga » 11 May 2016

I agree, I use 3 different machines and I use OANDA and it randomly stops, it sometimes shows error 429 in the log. It seems that the feed just dies and reports the currencies as no value. I checked the quote server settings. A reboot does fix it, but that leaves open orders and a stop of automation trading.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 May 2016

Hello MidKnight,

Please send me Multicharts logs corresponding with the issue - go to MultiCharts window -> Support tab -> LogsCollector and attach a full sized screenshot of your chart.

jamestkirk

Postby jamestkirk » 13 May 2016

Has there been any resolution to this issue? I have the same problem with the Oanda data feed ceasing intermittently. Pretty tough situation when are trying to auto-trade and you wake to find the that the feed has quit in the middle of a trade. Please advise, thanks...

MidKnight

Postby MidKnight » 15 May 2016

This issue has not happened to me since I posted. I will update this thread with logs and screenshot when it next occurs. Anyone else having the issue, please do the same. It would be good to have this fixed.

With all my best,
MK

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 May 2016

Has there been any resolution to this issue? I have the same problem with the Oanda data feed ceasing intermittently. Pretty tough situation when are trying to auto-trade and you wake to find the that the feed has quit in the middle of a trade. Please advise, thanks...
Hello jamestkirk,

Please send me Multicharts logs corresponding with the issue - go to MultiCharts window -> Support tab -> LogsCollector and attach a full sized screenshot of your chart.

rsaraga

Postby rsaraga » 16 May 2016

I called Oanda on this and realized what the problem that I was having was.
Oanda can handle up to 30 requests per second. That may sound great, however if you are running 10 pairs on the same cycle (like every 5/10 minutes) then that is 10 plus each broker call like openpl and other script commands. I fixed it by straddling my pairs 5 min, 7 min and 9 min.

Rick Saraga

jamestkirk

Postby jamestkirk » 16 May 2016

Henry, I sent in the logs per your request and attached the screenshot here...

Rick, thank you for your post. Do you think Oanda's 30 requests/second limit would result in a intermittent issue with the chart advancing? It appears to happen once or twice per day but generally early afternoon and sometimes very early AM. My strategies have several calls for the close/low/high when it is calculating multiple indicators. Therefore, I was thinking that the circumstance you described may apply, etc. Thanks...
Attachments
MS_screenshot.png
(208.14 KiB) Downloaded 2051 times

rsaraga

Postby rsaraga » 17 May 2016

When you exceed the 30 queries within a second, it appears that they send your quote data to 0's and reject orders. Your Multicharts' log will be covered in red highlighted rejected orders.

In your code, you probably make lotcount queries, open p/l, plus the quote data times the number of pairs that you are running. I decided to stagger my pairs. I used 5 min, 7min and 9min.
Now they only intersect on the 35 and 45 minute markers.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 May 2016

Henry, I sent in the logs per your request and attached the screenshot here...

Rick, thank you for your post. Do you think Oanda's 30 requests/second limit would result in a intermittent issue with the chart advancing? It appears to happen once or twice per day but generally early afternoon and sometimes very early AM. My strategies have several calls for the close/low/high when it is calculating multiple indicators. Therefore, I was thinking that the circumstance you described may apply, etc. Thanks...
Thank you for the information. Our engineers are checking it.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”