Pacing Violations - Portfolio Trader  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hughesfleming

Pacing Violations - Portfolio Trader

Postby hughesfleming » 11 Jul 2016

I have just started using Portfolio trader and I am using Barchart.com for data and IB for execution. I have two strategies and 35 instruments....17 Long and 17 Short.

I have seen pacing violations with Interactive Brokers many times but this time I am not using IB for data. I can't seem to figure out where this warning message is coming from. (see attached).

Many thanks,

Alex
Attachments
Error Portfolio trader.JPG
(19.71 KiB) Downloaded 1009 times

JoshM

Re: Pacing Violations - Portfolio Trader  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 11 Jul 2016

I have seen pacing violations with Interactive Brokers many times but this time I am not using IB for data. I can't seem to figure out where this warning message is coming from. (see attached).
The Interactive Brokers' pacing violation is a characteristic of the MultiCharts connection to IB and doesn't signal something that's wrong from your side (like a wrong setting).

The error happens when MultiCharts tries to request more historical data in a short period of time than that Interactive Brokers allows. To "fix" the error, you have to wait till the 'timeout' has passed and Interactive Brokers allows MultiCharts to fetch data again.

hughesfleming

Re: Pacing Violations - Portfolio Trader

Postby hughesfleming » 13 Jul 2016

Thanks Josh,

The thing that I don't understand in this case is why I am getting pacing violations when I am not using historical data from IB at all.

On the other hand, it is not causing any real problems apart form the warning that pops up so I will not dig into this any further.

Thanks again for all the time you put into answering question on this forum. It is a big help.

Alex

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Jul 2016

Thanks Josh,

The thing that I don't understand in this case is why I am getting pacing violations when I am not using historical data from IB at all.

On the other hand, it is not causing any real problems apart form the warning that pops up so I will not dig into this any further.

Thanks again for all the time you put into answering question on this forum. It is a big help.

Alex
You can check the QuoteManager event log.
You will be able to see if MultiCharts is requesting any historical data from IB,
and if so, which symbol.

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 13 Jul 2016

Thanks TJ,

I will take a look right now.

Alex

Return to “MultiCharts”