Open Orders not showing on chart or Order Tracker  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
trim

Open Orders not showing on chart or Order Tracker

Postby trim » 12 Jul 2016

I have just updated to WIN 10 and since then when I open an order in MC 9.1 (Build 12587) and using the Paper Trading account the open order does not display on the chart and does not show as an open order in the Order Tracker.
It does show in the Accounts menu as an active P/L item and I can see the profit or loss on that trade fluctuating.
It does not show in the Chart Trading window either.

Because it does not show on the chart or on the DOM or on the Chart Trader window I cannot correctly close out any open position.

I have called AMP support who have tried several things to fix but this has not worked. I have also run "Repair" on the Multicharts installation but that does not fix it.

Can anyone suggest what the problem is?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Open Orders not showing on chart or Order Tracker

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Jul 2016

Hello trim,

You need to make sure the chart trading panel is open, the Paper Trader profile and the proper account are selected. If you still can't see the orders then you need to cancel them using the Order and Position Tracker window, then disconnect the Paper Trader profile, remove all symbol mapping for it and the place new orders.

trim

Re: Open Orders not showing on chart or Order Tracker  [SOLVED]

Postby trim » 13 Jul 2016

Thanks Henry

I cant cancel the order as you suggest via the Order Tracking menu because the open order does not appear in that menu as I mentioned before.

However your reference to Symbol Mapping was an important clue so I checked the Symbol Mapping for this Instrument and in the Edit option I could see that something had caused this Instrument to be treated as an expired Contract when it was not. So after enabling it and saving edit that it corrected the problem.

So I have to assume something in my WIN 10 upgrade or the MC update I did may have caused this.

Thanks again Henry

Return to “MultiCharts”