Question regarding Custom Futures reload

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bensat

Question regarding Custom Futures reload

Postby bensat » 13 Jul 2016

MultiCharts64 Version 9.0 Release (Build 11210)

I had to reload a 'Custum Futures' chart for the Nasdaq again for 300 days back on history. I reloaded the chart w/CTRL+R at 11:10:24 local time here (screenshot 1) :

I saw all these data request messages and waited. It confused me to realize that the 'QuoteManager' is requesting data before the 1st trading date of the futures contracts back to 2013 for 2015 contract. Oooops (screenshot 2) :

While I would like to finish my post here, the reload procedure is still not finished and the chart not updated. 10 minutes later (screenshot 3) :

This happens all the time, takes a ridiculous amount of data requests, even for data I am not asking for nor they are necessary from a LOGICAL standpoint. I am not sorry for my harsh words and language, as I am complaining about the 'Custom Futures' design issues since months if not more than a year and nothing changes. Nothing. It makes it so uncomfortable to work with MC and back adjusted contracts.

Regards.

Ben

PS: Even 5min later it's still not finished

arnie

Re: Ridiculous Design Issue for Custom Futures

Postby arnie » 13 Jul 2016

Don't know which time zone you're at but downloading data during market hours can be one of the reasons for the "extra" delay there.

For example, IQFeed, during market hours only allow you to download 2 days of historic data. You need to wait for markets to close to download more days.
Maybe brokers have a similar rule for better bandwidth management, especially if they use the same server for orders and data.
How odd it would be the server that manage the orders be the same of the data? That would be a disaster waiting for happen.

Regarding the data MC always requesting data, yes, have asked myself that same question hundreds of times but so far couldn't find an answer.

bensat

Re: Ridiculous Design Issue for Custom Futures

Postby bensat » 13 Jul 2016

Arnie,

thank you for your comment. With CQG there is no issue regarding requests of data during trading hours. You can download as much as you want. I have this issue from time to time. Just closing the workspace and opening it again doesn't help. Further if you demand data for other symbols as well, it gets totally stuck at the point the requests are unfinished.

It's not just sad ...

Thank you. Regards.

Ben

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Question regarding Custom Futures

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Jul 2016

Hello Ben,

The version you are using was released more than a year ago. There have been multiple improvements for the custom futures/data loading algorithms since the version you use. I have already suggested you to update to the latest version to get the latest improvements in the other topics you have started.
Additionally to avoid excessive data requests please use the “From – To“ data range.

Return to “MultiCharts”