Lock watchlist?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

Lock watchlist?

Postby arnie » 14 Jul 2016

Is there a way to lock the watchlist?
By lock it I mean nothing we do, changes what we have there.
For example, if one cell is selected by mistake and I hit my keyboard "5min" because I'm changing a chart resolution, It will change the symbol I had on that cell which is something extremely annoying.
Almost everyday now, I don't know how, but when I look at my watchlist, I'm missing a symbol because for some reason, that cell becomes active and when I write on my keyboard some symbol or resolution on a chart, it ends up changing the selected cell on the watchlist.

So it would be nice if there was a way to lock the watchlist so we could not change any cell by mistake.
Also, by locking it, it would stop us to sort a column by mistake.
I go nuts when I double click on the separating line of a column to auto scale it and the mouse cursor misses the line and ends up double clicking on the column header which makes it to sort the data. Man, I just go balistic because I just can't go back to the order I had before. I'm force the close the workspace without saving it and there was times I was forced to created a new watchlist because I never noticed I had it sorted out before closing MC.

These little things seems unimportant but they have the power to make a guy go nuts when they start to happen on a daily basis.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Lock watchlist?  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Jul 2016

Hello arnie,

Thank you for your suggestion. Before we evaluate adding it in the future we would like to see the user demand for such improvement. You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

Return to “MultiCharts”