Formatting how FX price is displayed

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Nick

Formatting how FX price is displayed

Postby Nick » 22 Jul 2016

Hi,

Is it possible to format which digits of an FX cross price are displayed? I am thinking particularly in watch lists and charts Y axis displays of price, particularly with FX crosses.

for example EUR/USD 1.10148 last price traded. I am not really interested in the least significant 8 when quickly eyeballing the price neither the most significant 1 (arguably the 1.1).

It's a similar thing to not needing the time displayed as January the 18th 2016 6:45:20:485 on the time scale of a 5 tick chart! It would save chart/watchlist screen real estate and allow you to focus on the changes you are interested in.

I am not sure if you can filter 0.0XXX0 or 0.00XX0 wherever FX prices are displayed? As I get older and slower I find it much easier to instantly see where things are with less digits.

I think the least significant digit can be taken care of with price scale and min movement in instrument properties ? (though I am not sure if that has other unwanted consequences like when entering orders for instance where you might want to be .5 of a pip more aggressive).

Just wondering....thanks.

AlphaCat

Re: Formatting how FX price is displayed

Postby AlphaCat » 22 Jul 2016

I have suggested something like this before. It would already be better if it could be formated like 0.0000'0 (its much more readable if you seperate the fractional pip).

For shortterm charts or the DOM an option to format as 00'0 would be nice too and for longer term charts don't display the fractional pip at all, its completely useless for example on daily and makes it hard to read.

But i wouldn't hold my breath, MC devs literally take YEARS to even look at a suggestion if at all.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Formatting how FX price is displayed

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jul 2016

Hello Nick,

That is not recommended to change the instrument settings in the QuoteManager as it will affect the trading abilities. You can find the available price scale settings here:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... ale_Labels

As for your other suggestions - you may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

Return to “MultiCharts”