Display of historical trades on chart  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
roesm

Display of historical trades on chart  [SOLVED]

Postby roesm » 02 Aug 2016

I use MultiCharts with Interactive Brokers, but I typically place my orders using the IB price ladder.

In the past, if I enabled chart trading on a MC chart, I was able to trade from the chart and I would also see historical trades, even if those trades were placed using the IB Trader Workstation price ladder.

Now, there are no historical orders shown - even though I have the "Show Historical Orders" option selected. I can however, place orders from the chart - so the connection to IB is working.

I have not needed this feature before, but now I want to paste my charts into my trading log with my trades shown on them.

Is there a trade log file somewhere that MC uses to collect historical trade data? If so, perhaps that's corrupted?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Mike

TJ

Re: Display of historical trades on chart

Postby TJ » 02 Aug 2016

I use MultiCharts with Interactive Brokers, but I typically place my orders using the IB price ladder.

In the past, if I enabled chart trading on a MC chart, I was able to trade from the chart and I would also see historical trades, even if those trades were placed using the IB Trader Workstation price ladder.

Now, there are no historical orders shown - even though I have the "Show Historical Orders" option selected. I can however, place orders from the chart - so the connection to IB is working.

I have not needed this feature before, but now I want to paste my charts into my trading log with my trades shown on them.

Is there a trade log file somewhere that MC uses to collect historical trade data? If so, perhaps that's corrupted?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Mike
What is your symbol?

Are you using continuous contract?

roesm

Symbol is ESU6 - the current e-mini front month.

roesm

No luck - I went through the tutorial and made sure all settings are right. I found that the "Download open orders on connection" box was un-checked, but alas, it made no difference. Re-loaded TWS and MC, re-tried deleting/resetting symbol mapping, disconnect/reconnect... nada.

I can still place orders from the chart just fine, but it won't display today's trades.

Perhaps something I've changed will make it store/display my trades tomorrow. No huge rush. I just want to get it fixed.

roesm

Postby roesm » 03 Aug 2016

Seems to be working... Thanks for the tips.

Return to “MultiCharts”