Discrepancy while using PosTradeIsOpen

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Spikehog

Discrepancy while using PosTradeIsOpen

Postby Spikehog » 07 Aug 2016

On last Friday Hong Kong time, I had two strategies on a same workspace, they were strategies A and B. The entry order of strategy A was completed at 9:47:17 AM and the entry order of strategy B was completed at 10:18:48 AM. Strategy A has an end of day exit when time is >= 2344 and Strategy B has an end of day exit when time is >= 2343. These two exit orders were filled as the order and position tracker window showed that the exit of Strategy B was completed at 11:42:02 PM and the exit of Strategy A was completed at 11:44:00 PM. All these instructions above were exactly what I wanted according to my trading logic. When I looked at the output, the PosTradeIsOpen(0,0) which I assume is meant to be Strategy A, showed a "FALSE" clearly at 11:43:00 PM. It should have returned "True" and PosTradeIsOpen(0,1) of Strategy B should have been "FALSE". However it wasn't the case.

My concern is that I have a lot of calculations based on the keyword "PosTradeIsOpen". I just want to clarify the application of "PosTradeIsOpen" and wonder if there is a bug for the Pos-related keywords.

Thank you very much!

Spikehog

Re: Discrepancy while using PosTradeIsOpen

Postby Spikehog » 07 Aug 2016

The chart resolution is 1 minute.

Kristina MultiCharts

Re: Discrepancy while using PosTradeIsOpen

Postby Kristina MultiCharts » 22 Aug 2016

Hi,

The engineers checked this on our end and confirmed that "PosTradeIsOpen" keyword is working correctly. Please send the following information to support@multicharts.com so we could study the case with your studies and setup:

1) What exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you running? (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About)
2) workspace you are using;
3) in QuoteManager select the symbol you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument (with data). Send us the Qmd export file for analysis;
4) in PowerLanguage editor->File->Export->export with dependent functions the studies you are using in the workspaces you are providing. Send us the study export file.

Return to “MultiCharts”