No Data IB

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Jeepers

No Data IB

Postby Jeepers » 30 Aug 2016

Hello

I want to try Portfolio trader. I add basket of stocks in quote manager... everything run fine, but when i use these stocks in portfolio trader and submit backtesting, there are no data for these symbols.... how is this possible?

Thanks

TJ

Re: No Data IB

Postby TJ » 30 Aug 2016

Hello

I want to try Portfolio trader. I add basket of stocks in quote manager... everything run fine, but when i use these stocks in portfolio trader and submit backtesting, there are no data for these symbols.... how is this possible?

Thanks

What do you mean by "everything run fine"? What is "everything"?

What steps did you use to add the stocks?

Have you downloaded the data of those stocks?
Who is your dataprovider?

How many day's data are you using for the backtest?

Jeepers

Postby Jeepers » 31 Aug 2016

I opened quotemanager and import symbol list sp100 via .txt file. I set up the data source for Interactive Brokers, Exchange smart and category stocks.

The same technic i have used for Portfolio Trader, import the stocks and run backtesting. Most of these have no data.

Provider Interactvie Brokers. I laborate with the leng of data for example 100, 200 ... days still dont work.

The event log write - No security definition has been found for the request, but the ticker name is right.

darob

Postby darob » 31 Aug 2016

Most have no data, meaning some do? Sounds like it could be a pacing violation. You'd see it in the quote manager event log if it is. You may just have to give it some time if that's the problem.

Best regards

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”