Pre-orders of MultiCharts 3.0 accepted

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Stanley Miller

Pre-orders of MultiCharts 3.0 accepted

Postby Stanley Miller » 05 Apr 2008

MultiCharts 3.0 is now in beta testing, and will be released on April 15th, 2008. MultiCharts 3.0 pre-orders are now being accepted: http://www.tssupport.com/multicharts/mc3/

To mark the occasion we would like to offer you a gift, and invite you to take advantage of a $500 discount before the 15th of April.

If you would like to get $500 off of the full price, this is your chance! You will receive MultiCharts version 3.0, a $1497 value, for only $997, but only if you act quickly!

P.S. We cannot keep the price this low for long, so this special offer is only available until the 15th of April.

Learn more about the release schedule and pricing changes:
http://www.tssupport.com/multicharts/mc3/

autotrade

autotrading M3

Postby autotrade » 06 Apr 2008

It looks good and I would buy it in a minute but i'm having a lot of trouble getting my futures to trade intrabar, also with the breakeven. My forex strats work fine, but the futures have technical execution errors in IB.

I have an email into help desk and just am frustrated that the very simple exit and entry codes that work fine for forex work intermittently for futures.

If that can be fixed, you have a customer. If you need more detail let me know, i'm hopeful that Sergee and the team can fix it.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 08 Apr 2008

Hi autotrade,

The problems you are referring to should be fixed in the 3.0 release.

autotrade

Postby autotrade » 08 Apr 2008

Thanks Marina. Please allow me to detail my specific concerns and then can you tell me if specifically they will be addressed.

(1) breakeven does not work. When breakeven is passed in latest beta, it does not cancel and reset the old stop to breakeven.

(2) Orders launch in IB and there are no corresponding orders in multichart, on the strat performance, backtest, anything. I have 5 orders on my oil contract today and not on the chart as an example.

(3) When adjusting the entryprice to a +/- amount Limit order from the close, MultiCharts doesn't appear to know when the trade was taken. So exiting is an issue. Entryprice + or - a certain amount returns a blank, so the order is launched with only the stop loss set unless you employ the profit target, which itself does not allow scaling out. It would be good if you could set a PT for each contract in that case.

(4) This beta doesn't appear to have a "market if touched" capability. By that I mean, ver 2 would place a limit, but limit meant if that price was touched, a market order would be launched (or it at least appeared to mean that) once the limit was touched. I'm still not sure that I want that going forward over the beta 2 way of treating limit, but what would you use to employ that if I did want it that way?

thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Apr 2008

Hi autotrade,

I have some of the questions in a more recent post. Regarding the remaining issues:
(2) Orders launch in IB and there are no corresponding orders in multichart, on the strat performance, backtest, anything. I have 5 orders on my oil contract today and not on the chart as an example.
Could you please give us a specific example? We haven't come across the issue you're talking about yet.

(3) When adjusting the entryprice to a +/- amount Limit order from the close, MultiCharts doesn't appear to know when the trade was taken. So exiting is an issue. Entryprice + or - a certain amount returns a blank, so the order is launched with only the stop loss set unless you employ the profit target, which itself does not allow scaling out. It would be good if you could set a PT for each contract in that case.
Could you please give us step by step instructions on how the above could be reproduced?

(4) This beta doesn't appear to have a "market if touched" capability. By that I mean, ver 2 would place a limit, but limit meant if that price was touched, a market order would be launched (or it at least appeared to mean that) once the limit was touched. I'm still not sure that I want that going forward over the beta 2 way of treating limit, but what would you use to employ that if I did want it that way?
This option has already been added.

Return to “MultiCharts”