MULTICHARTS .NET 10.0 BETA 2

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Henry MultiСharts

MULTICHARTS .NET 10.0 BETA 2

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Sep 2016

MultiCharts .NET 10.0 Beta 2 is available for download now (builds 13228/13229)!
Completely new design with 4K resolution support and cool new features that will make the workflow easier and more pleasant.

Among the other new features in this version are: Emulated Stop and Stop-Limit orders, Pause/Resume Optimization, Bulk ASCII Export, 1/10000000 Price Scale, Annual Return & Annualized Sharpe Ratio Performance Report metrics, Monte Carlo analysis, reworked Optimization Results window, new “Feedback” app.

Click here for the complete list of all new features and improvements in this version.

>>> Go to MultiCharts 10.0 Beta 2 download page <<<

arnie

Re: MULTICHARTS .NET 10.0 BETA 2

Postby arnie » 19 Sep 2016

Can't understand why QM icon is identical to the standard QM version.

The MC and the PLE icon are visually recognizable but QM's isn't.
One is forced to look at the name to distinguish between both.

Couldn't the graphic design guy paint the icon with a different color or add something else to it so it could have some distinguish look from the standard version?
Was he in a hurry and had no time to enhance it a bit? Did you guys fail some payment and the guy bailed on you? Common... the guy had to completely redesign the icons and couldn't lose a couple of minutes (hours?) to add some pizzazz to QM icon?

If you want I can put some color on it or add some square or line...
;) :P
Attachments
mcqm.png
(18.65 KiB) Downloaded 3231 times

Japhro

Postby Japhro » 25 Sep 2016

All my studies on all my charts reset to hidden, and all needed to be manually reset afterwards. I hope this does not happen every time I restart MC.net

cwhorton

Postby cwhorton » 28 Sep 2016

In the release documentation it states some improvements for IOGMode.Enabled back testing in the Portfolio Trader, but has the Portfolio Trader been fixed to allow real time intra-bar order execution?

ecarlino

Postby ecarlino » 29 Sep 2016

sorry if this has been asked&answered elsewhere, but can .NET_beta10 be installed and used on the same PC as regular MC v9.x ? thank you.

arnie

Postby arnie » 29 Sep 2016

sorry if this has been asked&answered elsewhere, but can .NET_beta10 be installed and used on the same PC as regular MC v9.x ? thank you.
Yes

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Sep 2016

All my studies on all my charts reset to hidden, and all needed to be manually reset afterwards. I hope this does not happen every time I restart MC.net
Hello Japhro,

This can happen if you have two StudyServer.NET.exe processes running. You need to exit the application without saving the workspaces, then end all processes that are not finishing automatically, then start MultiCharts .NET.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Sep 2016

In the release documentation it states some improvements for IOGMode.Enabled back testing in the Portfolio Trader, but has the Portfolio Trader been fixed to allow real time intra-bar order execution?
Hello cwhorton,

I'm not sure I am following which exact improvement you are referring to. Portfolio Trader does not support IOG and BarMagnifier for signals. Only the money management signal works in IOG by default.

Japhro

Postby Japhro » 30 Sep 2016

Hello Japhro,

This can happen if you have two StudyServer.NET.exe processes running. You need to exit the application without saving the workspaces, then end all processes that are not finishing automatically, then start MultiCharts .NET.
MC.net continues to have these platform oddities when NONE of my other software does this. Every 5-6 times I run MC it starts and launches with no workspaces, then I have to recreate my setup, it's all very inconvenient.

cwhorton

Postby cwhorton » 30 Sep 2016

Hello cwhorton,

I'm not sure I am following which exact improvement you are referring to. Portfolio Trader does not support IOG and BarMagnifier for signals. Only the money management signal works in IOG by default.
Right, I was hoping that in MultiCharts 10, Portfolio Trader would support IOG. I'm trying to trade a very large number of instruments with the same strategy, using the same broker profile and buying power. My strategy uses 5 minute indicators, but updates order limits in real time. Chart trading the number of instruments I'm talking about would be extremely difficult to manage. If IOG.Enabled were functioning, this would be simple.

I have found a workaround though using Portfolio Trader, which consists of making the 1 second resolution of the instrument tradeable and supplying a 5 minute resolution of the same instrument as a second data series and adjusting my strategy accordingly.

Aufidius

Postby Aufidius » 30 Sep 2016

the "View Optimization Report" button does not work on Portfolio Trader..clicking it does nothing for me after running optimization

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Oct 2016

Hello Japhro,

MC.net continues to have these platform oddities when NONE of my other software does this. Every 5-6 times I run MC it starts and launches with no workspaces, then I have to recreate my setup, it's all very inconvenient.
Hello Japhro,

Please make sure you are launching the proper desktop file, or that opening workspaces on start is configured correctly in MultiCharts-> File-> Preferences-> Workspaces.

Japhro

Postby Japhro » 03 Oct 2016

Yes, it should open the last setup but sometimes it doesn't, it has a mind of it's own sometimes

Henry MultiСharts

the "View Optimization Report" button does not work on Portfolio Trader..clicking it does nothing for me after running optimization
Hello Aufidius,

We were unable to replicate it on our end. Please come to our live chat to demonstrate it remotely.

Henry MultiСharts

Yes, it should open the last setup but sometimes it doesn't, it has a mind of it's own sometimes
Japhro,

It does not happen on my end. Are there specific steps leading to this behavior on your end?

Japhro

Postby Japhro » 03 Oct 2016

No, everything shuts down correctly, then I go to launch MC then next day and nothing, opens a blank desktop with no workspaces.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Oct 2016

No, everything shuts down correctly, then I go to launch MC then next day and nothing, opens a blank desktop with no workspaces.
Have you moved or renamed workspaces after the desktop file was saved?

Japhro

Postby Japhro » 07 Oct 2016

No, never. Nothing else I use does this, just MC and it does it often. It also loses connection to charts often, and the only solution is to restart MC

sylfvdk

Postby sylfvdk » 12 Oct 2016

When Release 10 is expected?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 14 Oct 2016

When Release 10 is expected?
Hello sylfvdk,

It should be out in 2-3 weeks.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”