Schedule Automated Order Execution?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
JohnR

Schedule Automated Order Execution?

Postby JohnR » 03 Oct 2016

Is there anyway to schedule the times that automated order execution, on a chart, is turned on and off?

JoshM

Re: Schedule Automated Order Execution?  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 04 Oct 2016

Is there anyway to schedule the times that automated order execution, on a chart, is turned on and off?
The short answer is "no", unfortunately.

The long answer is that we can programmatically disable and enable automated order execution (see toggle auto trading with the command line for an example).

But when we programmatically enable auto trading again (at the start of your time range, for instance), MultiCharts .NET still generates that 'automated trading risks' window where we have to click 'Yes' to start automated trading. Because of that limitation we cannot have a signal enable automated trading on a certain schedule.

What you can do is only submit orders during a certain time period, and not when this time period is over. Automated trading will still be enabled after that time period (so not a real solution), but then at least you won't have the strategy generating orders outside that time window.

darob

Re: Schedule Automated Order Execution?

Postby darob » 07 Oct 2016

Hi JohnR, you could reference another article Josh wrote (thanks Josh!) which enables using different time settings on different signals if you want.

https://www.tradingcode.net/multicharts ... -strategy/

JohnR

Re: Schedule Automated Order Execution?

Postby JohnR » 07 Oct 2016

Thank you guys. Great information.

I'm looking at possibly doing this externally with windows automation, but in the meantime, I'm using time settings in my signals.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”