MC.net order entry without broker data feed?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

MC.net order entry without broker data feed?

Postby MidKnight » 24 Oct 2016

Hi there,

I'm trying to cut back my data costs. Currently I am subscribing to exchanges for data twice, once for my data feed (IQfeed, esignal) and once for my broker (Interactive Brokers). Can I cancel my Interactive Brokers data subscriptions and still place orders through MC.net? Is there a broker symbol mapping that has to be defined somewhere?

I know that IB does not require data subscriptions to be able to fill an order, that is why I ask. It would be nice to reduce and streamline this business cost.

With kind regards,
MK

Alex MultiCharts

Re: MC.net order entry without broker data feed?

Postby Alex MultiCharts » 28 Oct 2016

Hello MidKnight,

In MultiCharts you can trade using IQFeed for charting and IB as a broker without real-time subscription for data with the broker.
Will need to do symbol mapping and map IQFeed chart symbol to IB broker instrument.

Trading from the DOM window will not be possible.

MidKnight

Re: MC.net order entry without broker data feed?

Postby MidKnight » 28 Oct 2016

Thanks for the reply, this is good news.

Can you tell me where I can find this data feed symbol to broker mapping configuration?

Out of curiosity, why would the DOM be unavailable as an order entry option? The IQFeed symbol still provides inside bid/ask data, just the same as my level 1 data subscription with Interactive Brokers does.

With kind regards,
MK

JoshM

Re: MC.net order entry without broker data feed?  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 28 Oct 2016

Can you tell me where I can find this data feed symbol to broker mapping configuration?
Symbol mapping is in the File -> Broker profiles -> symbol mapping menu. There's a page with information and examples on the wiki.
Out of curiosity, why would the DOM be unavailable as an order entry option? The IQFeed symbol still provides inside bid/ask data, just the same as my level 1 data subscription with Interactive Brokers does.
Unfortunately, MultiCharts (.NET) cannot use IQFeed data for the DOM. I don't know why that is, but this wiki page says its because "IQFeed is not a broker". There's a feature request for this by the way here.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”