Strategy Control Panel outside MC?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TA100

Strategy Control Panel outside MC?

Postby TA100 » 09 Nov 2016

Lets say hypothetically you have 4 strategies and from a pre-market session you only want to choose 2 of them to auto-trade does anyone know of some addon software to MC which would require just 1 click to allow trades from the said 1 or 2 strategies which would pick up the marketposition on each chart and enter the next trade? I've read about a trade replicator control panel which can do this - presumably it would mean enabling all 4 strategies in MC and the replicator panel initially blocks the trades for each strategy when set to off (in the panel) but would allow signals through when enabled?

One of the reasons for this is the number of steps required to enable a strategy and if the strat uses bid and ask accessed through the strat rather than as data2 & data3 the signals inevitably 'disappear' - I really don't want to affect the graph position at all by enabling auto trading but instead just press 1 button (preferably outside MC) to get started - any ideas would be appreciated!

TJ

Re: Strategy Control Panel outside MC?

Postby TJ » 09 Nov 2016

Lets say hypothetically you have 4 strategies and from a pre-market session you only want to choose 2 of them to auto-trade does anyone know of some addon software to MC which would require just 1 click to allow trades from the said 1 or 2 strategies which would pick up the marketposition on each chart and enter the next trade? I've read about a trade replicator control panel which can do this - presumably it would mean enabling all 4 strategies in MC and the replicator panel initially blocks the trades for each strategy when set to off (in the panel) but would allow signals through when enabled?

One of the reasons for this is the number of steps required to enable a strategy and if the strat uses bid and ask accessed through the strat rather than as data2 & data3 the signals inevitably 'disappear' - I really don't want to affect the graph position at all by enabling auto trading but instead just press 1 button (preferably outside MC) to get started - any ideas would be appreciated!

More detail please.

Are you talking about 4 strategies on the same instrument?

Same chart? or multiple charts of various resolutions?

What are the chart resolutions?
What are the session times?

Is this something you want to "click-unclick" randomly as you please? or is there some kind of logic behind your impulse?

TA100

Hi TJ, thanks for your reply

Answers in bold below your questions..

Each strategy is completely separate, different instruments.

All different charts, different resolutions

What are the chart resolutions? What are the session times?
Various resolutions and session times

Is this something you want to "click-unclick" randomly as you please? or is there some kind of logic behind your impulse?
Generally one click, leave alone. There is no logic that can be coded on this, its simply a matter of personal choice, efficiency and importantly not wishing to 'alter' the chosen charts in any manner..

Thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 09 Nov 2016

Hi TJ, thanks for your reply

Answers in bold below your questions..

Each strategy is completely separate, different instruments.

All different charts, different resolutions

What are the chart resolutions? What are the session times?
Various resolutions and session times

Generally one click, leave alone. There is no logic that can be coded on this, its simply a matter of personal choice, efficiency and importantly not wishing to 'alter' the chosen charts in any manner..

Thanks

Just click the [SA] button at the top left corner of the chart.

TA100

TJ,

If it was only that easy.. however, no doubt you are aware

1- SA wipes historical orders and chart marketposition and starts calculating afresh so that is a non starter since I wish to preserve the chart entries and marketposition to take the 'next trade' at the end of the pre-market period

2- Likewise using AA on a single data chart (i.e. obtaining insidebid and inside ask from within the code) rather than data2 & data3 also wipes chart positions and chart marketposition because bid and ask data obtained this way is not saved for historical recall.

Thanks.

TJ

Re: Strategy Control Panel outside MC?  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 09 Nov 2016

TJ,

If it was only that easy.. however, no doubt you are aware

1- SA wipes historical orders and chart marketposition and starts calculating afresh so that is a non starter since I wish to preserve the chart entries and marketposition to take the 'next trade' at the end of the pre-market period

2- Likewise using AA on a single data chart (i.e. obtaining insidebid and inside ask from within the code) rather than data2 & data3 also wipes chart positions and chart marketposition because bid and ask data obtained this way is not saved for historical recall.

Thanks.

You can program an interactive text box on the screen to stop/start your trading logic.

This is advanced programming, I will not be able to teach you in 25 words or less.
There are previous discussions in this forum, you can search for it.
Maybe someone in the know can chime in.

You can start by going to wiki and look up these keywords:

Text GetActive

MouseClickCtrlPressed

Return to “MultiCharts”