Multi core support with chart window

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tonyng

Multi core support with chart window

Postby tonyng » 09 Nov 2016

I have about 30 charts to run in production. According to process explorer, MC locks all charts in the same CPU. So in order to optimize the CPU, should I create 3 separate copies of MC or should I still just use one MC for all 30 charts? Does anyone here has experience to optimize CPU usages and make MC runs faster?

TJ

Re: Multi core support with chart window

Postby TJ » 09 Nov 2016

I have about 30 charts to run in production. According to process explorer, MC locks all charts in the same CPU. So in order to optimize the CPU, should I create 3 separate copies of MC or should I still just use one MC for all 30 charts? Does anyone here has experience to optimize CPU usages and make MC runs faster?

Your Microsoft Windows Operating System looks after all the machine-level operations, including multi-tasking and housekeeping processes.

What do you mean by "MC locks all charts in the same CPU"?

What is your machine spec?

ps. Many users routinely have 30+ charts on the screens.

tonyng

Postby tonyng » 10 Nov 2016

We have 6 cores Xeon CPU and Process Explorer shows only show 1 big MC process with many threads using the same core. Seems like MC doesn't use other cores. Multi tasking is different then parallel processing. MC can bind all threads to one core. According to the observations, threads has not being evenly distributed to other cores to take advantage multi-core CPU.

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Nov 2016

We have 6 cores Xeon CPU and Process Explorer shows only show 1 big MC process with many threads using the same core. Seems like MC doesn't use other cores. Multi tasking is different then parallel processing. MC can bind all threads to one core. According to the observations, threads has not being evenly distributed to other cores to take advantage multi-core CPU.
Can you post some screenshots to illustrate your problem?

Return to “MultiCharts”