Multicharts 3.0 Beta 3 available. Duplicated bars fixed.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Andrew Kirillov

Multicharts 3.0 Beta 3 available. Duplicated bars fixed.

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 10 Apr 2008

Dowload Multicharts 3.0 Beta 3

What's new

FEATURES

Strategy Back-Testing and Automation

• Intra-bar order generation
• Dynamic portfolio strategy back-testing and optimization
• All-new auto-trading engine. You can now be sure that your trade will be executed at a specified price because the limit order command can be written in a script. The program will automatically use OCA orders when it is important to avoid triggering the remaining orders when one of those is executed. Exits/entries can now be made through stop orders as well.
Unfilled limit and stop orders can now be automatically converted into market orders after the predetermined time-out elapses. This is a very important feature because limit and stop orders often can’t be executed. However, the trading simulator cannot factor this in because it calculates strategies on trades. As a result, the real and virtual trading results are different. To avoid this problem, just enable the unfilled order conversion with, say, a 5-second timeout.

The auto-trading engine is seamlessly integrated with the familiar PowerLanguage key words which you use for back-testing. Therefore there will be no need to insert any additional commands to have auto-trading work.

The same symbol can now be traded from different charts/strategies. The program monitors market position for each chart separately which prevents conflicts between different strategies.

All the orders similar to SetStopLoss are now working. Financial advisor accounts are supported.

General Improvements

• Brand-new GUI
• Detachable windows for efficient multi-monitor support. No more need to drag charts onto different monitors at program start
• Ability to abort workspace loading
• Ability to rename workspaces by clicking on workspace tabs
• All-new help system

Charting

• Plotting a chart without adding the symbol in QuoteManager. Symbol names can be just typed into the command line. See Help for further details.
• Data is displayed as soon as it is loaded. The result is shorter expectation time for a chart to be plotted
• Increased charting speed and reliability
• Faster data loading in the offline mode
• Improved drawing tools behavior
• Data & Indicator values export from charting
• Cancel inserting a drawing by pressing Esc

Data Feeds and Data Management

• Multiple symbol editing in QuoteManager
• Updated Interactive Brokers data source. TWS881 supported. New features:
• Parallel data loading
• Faster loading of minute charts
• The option to use 1 or 15 second bars as ticks to speed up chart plotting
• The option to use 1 or 15 minute bars as minutes to speed up chart plotting
• Ticks are not requested for the periods with no minute data available
• Updated TranscAct data source. New features:
• New API supported
• Updated IQFeed data source. New features:
• IQFeed4.3 supported
• Checks for zero values on Low and High for the day’s real-time data
• Updated TS data source. New features:
• Working in the offline mode does not result in excessive reloads
• Updated OpenECry data source. New features:
• New API supported
• Parallel data loading
• Faster loading of minute charts

• Updated Metastock data source added. When adding symbols an exchange can be chosen. The symbol will be added into the database with this exchange

Programming Language/Script Editor

• Reserved words descriptions and examples can now be viewed directly in PowerLanguage Editor
• Fast code compiling or execution option
• Considerably improved identification of error type and location during the compiling process
• GetAppInfo functions added

BUG FIXES

• Attach/Detach buttons cannot be seen under Vista Aero
• Chart dancing
• Backtesting does not work correctly in the IOG (intra-bar order generation) mode

A large number of major and minor bugs have been fixed

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 10 Apr 2008

Hello,

I am using 3.0.1137.3363 version of MC and downloaded the newest beta in order to replace the old one. I clicked multicharts.1195.4635_beta3 ikon and the setup wizzard dialoggue box offers two options:
(i) repair
(ii) remove

Which of the two should I click in order to replace the old version with the new one?

Regards

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Apr 2008

you should click "Remove" to remove MultiCharts from your computer.

the next screen will ask you if you want to Remove MultiCharts user data.
DO NOT tick the check box (unless you want to remove your database)

after this is done, you need to go back to the beta3 program you just downloaded and run it again. This time it will install the new MultiCharts beta 3.

note to MC: this procedure is not very intuitive.
e.g.
-- is the beta3 bug fix a Repair?

-- you have 2 screens to "Remove", and on the second screen... there is a check box that asks people if you want to "Remove user data"... even if you don't check it... you have to click the "Remove" button to continue... that's scary.

suggestion:
consolidate the second screen into the first one... add a new button and change the options to:

1. Repair

2. Remove MultiCharts program ONLY

3. Remove MultiCharts program and ERASE all User data, workspaces, and scripts.

autotrade

Postby autotrade » 10 Apr 2008

Hi,

Is breakeven now working on intrabar?

Also, is trailing stop working on intrabar?

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 11 Apr 2008

TJ, many thanks for your advice.

JT

Postby JT » 11 Apr 2008

Another note to MC: there seems to be a long wait period (at least there was for me) between the uninstall of the old beta and the start of the install of the new beta.

During this period, you see no dialog or progress window, which makes you wonder whether or not the install hangs. This then tempts you to kill the process and to retry the install.

So suggestion is to display some dialog that shows progress bar or advises that install process make take long time.

Regards, J

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 11 Apr 2008

Hi,

Is breakeven now working on intrabar?

Also, is trailing stop working on intrabar?
Yes, it is.

Andrew Kirillov

Another note to MC: there seems to be a long wait period (at least there was for me) between the uninstall of the old beta and the start of the install of the new beta.

During this period, you see no dialog or progress window, which makes you wonder whether or not the install hangs. This then tempts you to kill the process and to retry the install.

So suggestion is to display some dialog that shows progress bar or advises that install process make take long time.

Regards, J
How many minutes did it take?

JT

Postby JT » 11 Apr 2008

I didn't time, but my guess is at least 3-4 minutes ...

Andrew Kirillov

it is unusual. We will keep it mind.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 12 Apr 2008

Hi Andrew,

Is it normal, when installing new version, to have to manually recompile all user generated functions and indicators?

I have updated to new versions several times over the last several months and then open a chart window only to find no indicators. Then I realize what has happened and close without saving and manually open PLE and "Compile all uncompiled". Everything is then ok. Is this normal or is it just me?

Thanks,
Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Apr 2008

Hi Andrew,

Is it normal, when installing new version, to have to manually recompile all user generated functions and indicators?

I have updated to new versions several times over the last several months and then open a chart window only to find no indicators. Then I realize what has happened and close without saving and manually open PLE and "Compile all uncompiled". Everything is then ok. Is this normal or is it just me?

Thanks,
Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA
Hi Bob,

This is normal. All user generated studies must be compiled after the upgrade.

Return to “MultiCharts”