Importing Protected Studies Delete Other Protected Studies

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
trader0311

Importing Protected Studies Delete Other Protected Studies

Postby trader0311 » 29 Dec 2016

Hi,

I have 2 MultiCharts licenses. One license I use for live trading and it runs from the cloud and one runs on my personal machine which I use for building the strategies. I export my strategies as protected files from my personal machine and import them as protected files to my live trading machine.

That process works fine once. However, when I go to import additional protected files, that share the same functions as the previously imported files, I get a box that says two things 1) that all of the protected functions currently existing on the machine will be overwritten to "provide data consistency" and 2) that all the strategies currently existing on the machine using the functions will be deleted.

So what happens is that I can import a new strategy, but when I do, all of my previous strategies are then deleted.

Can anyone explain why this is happening and propose a work around? This seems very odd to me.

Thank you in advance!

TJ

Re: Importing Protected Studies Delete Other Protected Studies

Postby TJ » 29 Dec 2016

If you are importing a function, the import will OVERWRITE any existing functions with the same name.

This process is no different from importing a file or a picture into your computer.

It would be nice if MC can integrate the functions into the study when creating a sef protected study.

trader0311

Re: Importing Protected Studies Delete Other Protected Studies

Postby trader0311 » 29 Dec 2016

Thanks TJ - I am attempting a work around. If it works I will report back.

Return to “MultiCharts”