Gap's in TS data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Mark Brown

Gap's in TS data

Postby Mark Brown » 07 Feb 2017

I get gaps when using TS data for point based bars in MultiCharts. If my data service is interrupted like my internet goes down. MC will just have a gap in the data where TS will fill that gap when the chart is reloaded. Even if I shut down MC it will not fill the gap.

If is use 4 point bars for ES and it gets a gap I have to try a 5 point bar with MC and then the gap is filled but the 4 point bar will never fill the gap.

Why does MC not store the data properly in its database?

4 point es on top with big gap in data

20170207-011.png
(20.04 KiB) Downloaded 730 times

5 point es with no gap in data what is going on here?

20170207-012.png
(18.9 KiB) Downloaded 730 times

Angelina MultiСharts

Re: Gap's in TS data

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 08 Feb 2017

Hello Mark,

Please reload the problem data range on a chart for the same instrument in TS (Ctrl+R). Then reload the chart with missing data in MC (Ctrl+R).
If the charts are backfilling slow then check that TS download scheduler (TS->View tab->Launch Download Scheduler) has not queued up MC data requests. If it has then make a right click on the request->Schedule ASAP.

I would also advise removing TS cache as it can be the source of the issue. These guides could be helpful:
http://help.TS.com/08_08/trad ... cache_.htm
http://hubertsenters.com/tinys-video-up ... e-station/

It is also recommended to disable the option "Save data to local database" to avoid data gaps. It is done in Quote manager ->Tools->Data sources->TS->Settings.
The option will come into effect after restarting all MultiCharts processes:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Processes

zanna

Postby zanna » 10 Apr 2017

Hi I have the same problem with all the charts that receive data form TS. Every monday when I restart the platforms, in MC charts the datas of the last 2 or 3 days are missed or not correct. Usually firts I have to delete the cache of TS, delete the cache and the data in the quote manager of MC then reload the chart on TS and then the charts on MC. And sometimes I have to do this two or more times before see the data correctly, is this normal or there are other steps to do?

Thanks in advance!

Mark Brown

Postby Mark Brown » 10 Apr 2017

This is what I don't understand - if the data was there in the first place and I have chosen to store the data on my computer. Then why is the data missing? It seems that the selection to save historical data is not working.

If you have to clear the cache and reload the data each day, what happened to the data that was supposed to be saved? Mark

Return to “MultiCharts”