Periodically pausing spx (IB) data

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
JohnR

Periodically pausing spx (IB) data

Postby JohnR » 31 Mar 2017

I'm on MultiCharts .NET64 Version 10.0 Release (Build 13630) connected to Interactive Brokers (via TWS).

Periodically (twice this week and is happening as I write this (3/31/2017), my spx chart has no current data. The last data I have is from yesterday (3/30). Looking in quote manager, I see there is no 3/31 data. I have several charts that have all their data just fine (qqq, ibb, iwm, xlf).

When this has happened in the past, I've been able to use refresh in quote manager (occasionally helps), or just wait and do nothing and in a day or two, data might start flowing again, clear the cache in quote manager (occasionally helps). The only way to reliably get data flowing again is to delete the data in quote manager (which is really unacceptable).

This most regularly happens with spx, but has happened with all of the above symbols. This also happened with Multicharts .NET versions 9.

Any thoughts on what is causing this? How to stop it from happening? How to quickly recover without deleting all my data?

Thanks!

Angelina MultiСharts

Re: Periodically pausing spx (IB) data

Postby Angelina MultiСharts » 04 Apr 2017

Dear JohnR,

Please make sure that the timezone of your PC is the correct one and that your PC time is not ahead of Internet Time Servers.

Also, are there any changes made to symbol/chart sessions prior to this happening?

JohnR

Re: Periodically pausing spx (IB) data

Postby JohnR » 05 Apr 2017

My timezone is correct.

I'm not sure how to see if my clock is different than internet time servers. I'm in Windows 10 and my Date and time settings are configured:
Set time automatically - On
Set time zone automatically - Off
Time Zone - Pacific Time (which is correct)
Adjust for daylight saving time automatically - On

There aren't any changes to the symbol/chart sessions by me.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”